gigabyte and ram

Old December 17th 03, 01:29 PM
Andre

Default gigabyte and ram

hi!

i got new gigabyte (ga- 7n400e-l) and unfortulately got some problems
a ram led on mobo lights all the time what tells that there is sth wrong...
i got 256 ram 3200 oem (singleside).... it doesn't matter in which of four
slot it is- result the same... i tried with some other working oem ram-
nothing happened... what is more i tried them both on other gigabyte mobo
(older) and they both work good...

please give some advice.........

regards
Andre

Old December 17th 03, 04:11 PM
IC

Andre wrote:
hi!

i got new gigabyte (ga- 7n400e-l) and unfortulately got some problems

a ram led on mobo lights all the time what tells that there is sth
wrong... i got 256 ram 3200 oem (singleside).... it doesn't matter in
which of four slot it is- result the same... i tried with some other
working oem ram- nothing happened... what is more i tried them both
on other gigabyte mobo (older) and they both work good...

please give some advice.........

regards
Andre

Is the memory freqency set to AUTO in the BIOS? If so, it may be you
have a memory module that requires more than 2.5v to operate properly.
There doesn't seem to be any way to increase memory voltage, so that
memory may not work with that MB.

Old December 17th 03, 10:44 PM
CoCo

hi

hmmm.. that ram-led should be lit! it's there for telling that power to ram
is on and you cant remove/insert ram modules.
something else is wrong in your setup. have you cleared the cmos? install
the internal speaker and listen for beep codes.

coco

Old December 17th 03, 10:55 PM
Andre

hmmm.. that ram-led should be lit! it's there for telling that power to
ram
is on and you cant remove/insert ram modules.
something else is wrong in your setup. have you cleared the cmos? install
the internal speaker and listen for beep codes.

damn..... i have already taken the mobo to service
i thought this led tells that sth is wrong cause there were written in the
manual that i have to remove it or don't use it...

i only plugged 1 stick of ram (3 different), graphic card, keyboard and of
course processor (duron and athlon- both working). that should be enough to
enter the bios (it is with my old soltek). i did it cause i don't have 360W
power supply- i work with 200W what is not enough i think.....

regards
Andre

Old December 18th 03, 07:49 AM
CoCo

hi

200w is to little, besides you have to use the p4/amd 4-pin 12v connector, i
dont think any 200w psu have one! (atx 2.05 or higher)

coco

Old December 18th 03, 09:20 AM
Andre

200w is to little, besides you have to use the p4/amd 4-pin 12v
connector, i
dont think any 200w psu have one! (atx 2.05 or higher)

my friend has broken power supply (codegen) and we wanted to try whether sth
else broke too... we plugged my psu 200W but removed hdd, fdd, cd-roms. left
only xp 2000+, cooler, ram, graphic card and it worked.... of course we
didn't use the comp for a long time because of 200W so i think my
configuration should work too... even 30 seconds...

why do i need 12v connector? i have it on my mobo to plug cooler....

regards
Andre