Nero changing file names to upper case & no spaces

Old April 24th 04, 01:25 AM
.

Default Nero changing file names to upper case & no spaces

Hello,

I am using Windows XP and Nero 5.5.10.58

I am noticing that when I burn data cdrs, Nero changes the file names
to all upper case and changes all spaces to underlines.

Now, it didn't always do this...I have may older cdrs that I have
burned that have upper & lower case file names and some with spaces.

Did Nero change during one of it's upgrades?

Did Windows do this because one of the patches I applied?

Or did I change a setting without realizing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Old April 24th 04, 06:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

"." wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Nero 5.5.10.58

I am noticing that when I burn data cdrs, Nero changes the file names
to all upper case and changes all spaces to underlines.

Now, it didn't always do this...I have may older cdrs that I have
burned that have upper & lower case file names and some with spaces.

Did Nero change during one of it's upgrades?

Did Windows do this because one of the patches I applied?

Or did I change a setting without realizing it?

In New Compilation, ISO tab, check:

Joliet
ISO Level 2
Mode 1
ISO 9660
Old April 24th 04, 07:15 AM
Mike Richter

.. wrote:
Hello,

I am using Windows XP and Nero 5.5.10.58

I am noticing that when I burn data cdrs, Nero changes the file names
to all upper case and changes all spaces to underlines.

Now, it didn't always do this...I have may older cdrs that I have
burned that have upper & lower case file names and some with spaces.

Did Nero change during one of it's upgrades?

Did Windows do this because one of the patches I applied?

Or did I change a setting without realizing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

If you select strict ISO 9660 filenames, you get what you ask for -
restricted character set (caps, numbers, underscore, one period) and 8.3
names. Have you tried asking for what you want?

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old April 24th 04, 07:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) spewed:

"." wrote:
I am using Windows XP and Nero 5.5.10.58

snip

Why are you commenting on Nero, Mikey?

I have not used Nero
I don't know Nero at all

[...not use...not know...not write...]

I do not comment on what I don't know.

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?
=======================
From: Adrian Miller
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
that he does not have personal experience of.
=======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
======================

--------------------------------------
Old April 25th 04, 02:39 AM
smh

--------------------------------------

"." wrote:
I am using Windows XP and Nero 5.5.10.58

snip

Why are you commenting on Nero, Mikey?

I have not used Nero
I don't know Nero at all
(...not use...not know...not write...)
I do not comment on what I don't know.

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------

..
..
How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?
Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1
( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
( from both Adrian Miller and Mike Richter. )

======================
Adrian Miller (Roxio) screamed (4/2/01):

I am having this investigated from both ends and will give
information when I have been informed of the results. Not before.

Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1 with their own
software?

It's been more than a month since it was reported by Joe Pyles.

Tell me, how many cRoxio engineers does it take to screw in a light
bulb?

[Supposedly fixed in 3/02, one year after its release.]
=========================

(Note: Ezcd 5 burns Mode 1/Joliet as Mode 2/Joliet.)

Why the deafening no response from Mike Richter?

From: Mike Richter
Subject: Mike Richter, You Got Balls !!!
Date: 4/11/01

I burn Mode 1 regularly, but do not use Joliet.
Therefore, I have no information on any problems
with that combination.

Since I don't write about what I don't know ...

[... not use ... not know ... not write ...]

[ but calls himself a beta tester! ]

---------------------------------
What a Smart-Alecky Friggin ****!
---------------------------------

From: Adrian Miller
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

=============================
From: smh
Subject: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?
Date: 4/26/01

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) spewed:

Adrian Miller (Roxio) barfed:

Could you take a time off from your pontificating and explain the
"discrepancy" between your posts of (3/23/00) and (10/31/99)?

Mike probably had not tried 98SE when he wrote the earlier part
does not run 98SE and thus could not be sure about what would or
would not happen on that platform. Unlike certain people he does
not like to speculate on matters that he does not have personal
experience of.

Adrian, you are correct. I noted the NT4 problem during the beta

but was not running 98SE then.

Therefore, I said what I did: I was not surprised at reported problems
in other OS's.

It's immaterial whether you used Win98SE at that time.

It's immaterial whether your reaction was surprised, feinted, collapsed
or dropped dead. The fact remains that you KNEW the problem subsequent
to the post.
=============================

Mikey, you are a Smart-Alecky Friggin ****!

From: Mike Richter (Roxio Beta Tester)
Subject: Another EZCD 5.0 Bug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: 2/28/01

Maybe I should become a Beta tester. I seem to find more bugs than
they do. New bug................

Why do you assume that the beta testers do not / did not find the bugs?

======================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?
Date: 4/9/01

I readily acknowledge the bugs, but read
the unfounded diatribes with disgust.
======================

---------------------------------------
Wow! What a Smart-Alecky Friggin ****!
---------------------------------------
Old April 25th 04, 02:17 PM
.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:00:01 GMT, smh wrote:

In New Compilation, ISO tab, check:

Joliet
ISO Level 2
Mode 1
ISO 9660

Thanks...that did the trick.

Is My Burner Broken? ggroups2 General 3 August 12th 04 03:54 AM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 05:47 PM
Filenames are changing in Nero and Feurio? dgk Cdr 1 September 18th 03 06:16 PM
Q: Nero 6.0 -- Burning .BIN image without .CUE file possible ? Mr. X Cdr 2 July 16th 03 02:59 AM
Use Nero 5.0 to burn CD via batch file? smh Cdr 3 July 3rd 03 10:05 PM