Maybe getting an XPS M1330

Old June 5th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

Default Maybe getting an XPS M1330

"Greg" wrote in message
Stopped at the local Best Buy to see one up close. Yikes! It's tiny. And
very light. I'm afraid I would break the thing. The design is nice. I
wouldn't mind getting one to replace my pda. For web surfing and such. But
I will stick with my Vostro. I've maxed out the ram and like the video
card (8600GT). And the screen resolution.

But thanks for everyone's input.

Greg

The Vostro you have should crunch some very large nuts. ;-)

I'd love to have it.

Old June 5th 08, 06:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

check out the latitude D630.
its great and at 14inch, its a pound less than the 15inch vostro, and
one inch shorter in each direction.

Greg wrote:
Currently have a Vostro 1500. I'm thinking about selling it and getting
a M1330. This thing is heavy!! I want something lighter but with similar
power. Any 1330 owners out there have any good or bad stories to share?
I've been very happy with the Vostro. I like the WSXGA. But I can live
with the lower resolution on the 1330. I basically use it for web
surfing. Maybe a little AutoCAD.

Thanks,
Greg

The Vostro has a Duo Core 2.2 ghz processor and an 8600GT card with 4
gig of ram. I will try to get something similar with the 1330. I realize
the video card isn't the same. But I use my desktop for gaming. It has
XP on it.

Old June 5th 08, 06:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:19:25 -0400, Jay B wrote:

check out the latitude D630.
its great and at 14inch, its a pound less than the 15inch vostro, and
one inch shorter in each direction.

Or a ThinkPad T61 -- with coupon codes and discounts they don't cost
as much more than they used to, and are more durable.

M1330 [email protected] Dell Computers 2 April 28th 08 03:54 AM
What case is best for an XPS M1330? vrj834whv Dell Computers 3 March 10th 08 11:45 PM
XPS M1330 Questions Tom Dell Computers 17 February 27th 08 03:31 AM
Any problem with XP and XPS M1330 Christopher Muto Dell Computers 3 January 3rd 08 03:09 AM
XPS M1330 laptop Tom Scales Dell Computers 3 July 4th 07 12:10 AM