Nicolas Cage's spyware problem

Old June 26th 05, 08:21 AM
YKhan

Default Nicolas Cage's spyware problem

Now would you be able to just call in the FBI and Secret Service to
help track down the hacker who implanted the spyware in your computer?
:-)

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.c...s/1219320.armx

Quote:
Cage fumes over sex emails
BANG

June 24, 2005

(BANG) - Nicolas Cage has been left fuming after a computer hacker sent
lewd messages to the actor's friends, which appeared to come from his
private email address.

The Hollywood actor has now called on the FBI to track down the joker
responsible for bombarding hundreds of people with the "lewd sexual
emails" with "graphic sexual messages."

The FBI are working together with the Secret Service and Los Angeles
Police to catch the online criminal.

The star's spokesperson said in a statement: "Nicolas Cage would like
to make the general public aware that somebody has illegally and
fraudulently been using the following old AOL email address pretending
to be Nicolas Cage - ."

The Hollywood heavyweight has reportedly told friends he now wants the
prankster locked up.

A close pal revealed: "Nic knows nothing about it and is horrified."
Old June 26th 05, 05:54 PM
Robert Redelmeier

YKhan wrote:
Now would you be able to just call in the FBI and Secret
Service to help track down the hacker who implanted the
spyware in your computer? :-)

I don't need to call, 'cuz there is none. If there wuz, I could
call, but they might not pay as much attention. This is good
because higher profile wrongdoing is more likely to get fixed.

(BANG) - Nicolas Cage has been left fuming after a computer
hacker sent lewd messages to the actor's friends, which
appeared to come from his private email address.

Sure sounds like spyware to get the AddrBook. Maybe not
on Nic's machine. Of course, it could also come from one
general emailing that got fwd'd to a blackhat. I doubt Nic
knows about bcc: Then this likely is purely civil.

."

I thought AOL was the Internet on Training Wheels.
They try to make it idiotproof, but don't quite succeed
because idiots are too damned ingenious!

-- Robert

Old June 26th 05, 11:27 PM
nutso fasst

"YKhan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Now would you be able to just call in the FBI and Secret Service to
help track down the hacker who implanted the spyware in your computer?
:-)

Maybe I could, and maybe they wouldn't. Which may be the case with Mr. Cage.
Don't expect his publicist to tell the news media they wouldn't, though.

nf

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
Spyware problem Bruce General 10 October 12th 04 08:26 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM