Multifunction Printer Suggestions...

Old December 19th 03, 01:39 AM
Korey Smith

Default Multifunction Printer Suggestions...

I am shopping for a new multifunction printer/scanner. Right now, I
am considering the following:

HP PSC 1110
HP PSC 1350
HP PSC 2175

Does anyone have any comments regarding the above printers? Actually,
the only one I have not been able to find user reviews on is the HP
PSC 1110, so if anyone has any feedback about its reliability and any
other info it would be helpful.

Also, I had considered the HP PSC 1210v, however, I had read a review
from a dealer that said the printers did not last long and had
numerous customers return them. Does anyone have any personal
experience with this particular model?

Aside from HP, are there any other brands/models any of you would
suggest?

Thanks.

Old December 20th 03, 12:22 AM
David Chien

Also, I had considered the HP PSC 1210v, however, I had read a review
from a dealer that said the printers did not last long and had

Not bad here. (For the $49 it was blowing out on open-box...)

Works, does the job, not fancy at all, but if you only need a 'basic'
all-in-one, it'll do the trick. When it breaks, it won't cost much,
figure at least a 1 yr. warranty, so you're covered if it breaks soon.

Use it here for a basic color & B/W copier and printer, so it does
okay. Would seriously look at the F-series Canon all-in-one's if you're
doing higher output or for office (these babies really run fast and
never break).

Other's around the web have said it goes fast, 2500 copy rating (real
or not, who knows?) max according to one post, and figure it's built
that way - cheap and if it breaks, toss it.

For just a copier, even a B&W Canon personal flatbed copier (their
cheapest) will copy faster (yep, have both) and more economical to run
with larger copy volumes.

Basically, good for the low-mileage, low-use user.