Does an x1950XTX and an x1950XT in crossfire need a dongle?

Old December 1st 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD

Default Does an x1950XTX and an x1950XT in crossfire need a dongle?

Or does crossfire work without it? I already have the x1950XTX, and it
didn't come with a dongle. I'm thinking of getting an x1950XT to add.
any ideas or things I should know? This is in a DFI Lanparty
ICFX3200-T2R Mainboard. If I do need a dongle, where can I get one if it
doesn't come with the card? Thanks, Greg.
Old December 2nd 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Dongled Crossfire only applies when you use a X1950 CF Edition along with a
normal X1950XT(X) in a master/slave configuration. The dongle is bundled
with the CF Edition card. This is what the CF Edition looks like (note the
VHCI port for the dongle):
http://www.pcdiga.com/PCDIGA/Imagens...0%20XTX_01.jpg

If you just want to pair two normal X1950XT(X) cards together, you don't
need the dongle. (The dongle wouldn't fit anyway.) Performance will be
slightly lower than using a CF Edition card, because the normal cards lack
the CF Edition's hardware compositing chip.