Can anyone advise me what to do with this Dell Nightmare

Old December 1st 04, 11:37 PM
ff

Default Can anyone advise me what to do with this Dell Nightmare

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone to contact at Dell to help.

I run a very small IT company. I ordered a Dell Server 4weeks ago with SBS
2003 and 15 additional licenses.

The Server showed up a couple of weeks ago but no licneses. I contacted my
sales rep and after about 5 calls, I finally got hold of him. He said he
would handle it and they would be emailed to me.

I never heard back from him again. I tried calling at least 15 times and
sent emails and even though he was in the often, he never returned my calls.

I finally managed to get the name of his supervisor and called him directly.
He told me he would get someone on the phone that would help me. He
transferred me to this other person who transferred me back to my rep. He
said he was taking care of it and I would have the licenses within one hour.

He never emailed me or returned my calls.

I called the general 800 number and started talking to people. I have a
customer care rep who promised she would have the liceneses for me within 24
hours and would call me back each day to check.

She never returned my calls and never answers. I have left her numerious
voicemails.

I have simply asked at this point for Dell to refund the money I paid for
the Microsoft licenses and I get no reply.

No one can tell me why I cant get my licenses which I have paid for and no
one seems to give a ****.

If anyone knows of any contact at dell, I would appreciate it if you would
let me know.

You can email me at

Thanks,
FF

Old December 2nd 04, 12:56 AM
S.Lewis

"ff" wrote in message
[...]

Copy virtually the same text you've posted. You've got nothing to lose, and
perhaps some of this crap falls back on the supervisor and phone monkey.

Stew

Old December 2nd 04, 03:09 AM
Irene

If it's not already too late, my suggestion is to send everything back with
a letter explaining why and send a certified mail copy to Michael Dell.

Old December 2nd 04, 12:30 PM

FF,
Sadly, it sounds like you are over the 30 day "send it back & start
fresh" mark. While I greatly respect & value the inputs of both S. Lewis
& Irene to this newsgroup, trying to reach Michael Dell himself will be
as hard as serving Bin Ladin with a subpoena.
10 years ago, this was not the case, but now that Dell is a public
company, Michael Dell is far removed from the daily nuts & bolts &
"customer satisfaction" end of the operation that bears his name. He now
pays layers upon layers of employees to handle this mundane task. I do
not believe that Michael Dell ever gets to see any of those E-Mails sent
to the address posted. He pays people to read & route those E-Mails
(and letters). What I mean to say is, M. Dell does not answer to the
little guy these days, (his customers), he answers to the Board of
Shareholders.
What is truly sad here is that all these people from Dell you spoke to
probably sincerely wanted to help you, but the corp. bureaucracy keeps
this from happening.
Dell is a great product, with many people on this newsgroup making it
even better for those of us that run into problems with Dell product
performance (S. Lewis & Irene are 2 of them). It is frustrating to see
an end user like yourself unhappy due to Dell corp. bungling. In these
situations, this NG can only "feel your your pain" as we hopelessly
watch you get screwed.
Steve C.

Old December 2nd 04, 01:54 PM
ff

Thanks for the replies guys. I finally called up the corporate number and
randomly dialed extensions. After about 2 hours, I got hold of someone who
is honestly trying to help me. He has been CCing me on his emails and
suggested that I go to AMEX and dispute payment. I have already disputed
the part of the charge from Dell for the server licenses. The servers did
arrive so I have no complaint there.

I am hoping this is resolved today. I have always liked Dell's hardware but
they have constructed a system that makes it impossible to get any support.

I agree with some of you that there are people that want to help but cant
because their hands are tied. However, there are also a lot of people that
just don't give a damn there also. The only people that wanted to help
truly couldn't do anything about it.

Sadly, Dell is just another company. All of Michael Dell's work to change
the way computer companies operate are being tarnished but the company that
is known as Dell today.

FF

Old December 2nd 04, 04:23 PM
Irene

Sadly, Dell is just another company. All of Michael Dell's work to change
the way computer companies operate are being tarnished but the company

that
is known as Dell today.

If you are interested in just how bad things are getting at Dell, there is a
new report by Consumer Reports on Tech Support in the computer industry.
Something that used to be the high mark of Dell.

Old December 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Vic Dura

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:23:10 -0800, Can anyone advise me what
to do with this Dell Nightmare "Irene"
wrote:

If you are interested in just how bad things are getting at Dell, there is a
new report by Consumer Reports on Tech Support in the computer industry.
Something that used to be the high mark of Dell.

Really. If you want support, Dell is not the place.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:56 AM
Ben Myers

Does ANY name brand vendor provide decent tech support any more, either via
phone or in response to warranty claims? It's all gone down the slippery slope,
influenced by buyers who shop only on price and price alone, then bitch and
complain when the after-market service and support comes up way short.

.... Ben Myers

Old December 3rd 04, 01:15 AM
S.Lewis

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
Does ANY name brand vendor provide decent tech support any more, either
via
phone or in response to warranty claims? It's all gone down the slippery
slope,
influenced by buyers who shop only on price and price alone, then bitch
and
complain when the after-market service and support comes up way short.

... Ben Myers

Amen on both counts. But this does make for a nice niche for local techs.

I've not bought a non-beige Dell box for my personal use yet, though I will
eventually have to unless I want to build another system.

Stew