A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Motherboards » Asus Motherboards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

! Someone tested overclocking a7v8x-x and amd xp cpu - 15% frquencyoverclocking suceeded

Old February 13th 04, 09:49 AM
Nobody
external usenet poster

Default ! Someone tested overclocking a7v8x-x and amd xp cpu - 15% frquencyoverclocking suceeded

According to sandra the multiplier on the motherboard on my a7v8x-x and xp 2200 1.8GHz has no effect uppwards even if the changes is visible in the bios.
Frequency overclocking of the xp 2200 1.8GHz cpu by 15% to 2.1GHz worked and system is now stable without the need to change the core voltage and cpu and motherboard temprature is unchanged compared to the level before overclocking-cpu 44 degrees celsius-motherboard 37 degrees celsius.
System is stable and i think the story ends here with the fact that i am satisfied with my 2.1GHz XP 2200.
Bench-test shows it has a performance of a xp 2800 at 2.1 GHz and memory runs nice at 333+overclocking but i use ddr 400MHz rams.

Thanks