pc don't boot with asus v9950 ultra

Old December 9th 03, 01:04 PM

Default pc don't boot with asus v9950 ultra

Hi,
I have a homebuit pc:
-asus p4p800 deluxe + p4c 2.6, Winbond 2x512mb pc3200
psu antec true power 550wat
-winxp pro+sp1

I changed my old gc gforce4 4200 with a gfx 5950 ultra.
During the driver installation, the monitor switched into a
stand-by-like mode and is impossible to bring it back.
I reboot my pc, the monitor led switch from orange to
green and nothing happened, no bios bips, no bios messages
nothing. After a number a tries, i put back my old card
and then pc boots normally. I put the new card again, now
i can boot, finished the driver installation, test same games,
but in the moment of coming back into the windows desktop, i had
the same problem; monitor led in orange, reboot, same thing, no
bios ...
So i resume:
My monitor turns in stand-by-like mod without any reason.
Reboot ... impossible to see the bios messages and stuck in there...
Some time I can reboot (dident find any reason when the card decide to
work?!!), but the problem comes again randomly....

well, I call back my retailer who proposed me a test
for 60$ or sanding back the card in Taiwan for a replacement
(two months wait)!!! For 60$, I prefer do the test by myself...
- Go for a clean win xp install ... result: the same problem
- go for another mb (asus p4c800e deluxe: the same problem
- severel types of memory ... result: the same problem
- another psu enermax 430w ... result: the same problem

I did all test with motherboardes flashed with latest bios,
and the minimum of components installed:
-mice+keybord
-dvd-player
-one hdisk ide133
-one ddr3200

all drivers were the latest ...

So my request for help is:
Before turning back the card and waiting two months, anyone can
suggest me any other reason for my problem, or any other test
I can do?

Thank you