Cancel order ??

Old July 25th 03, 12:08 PM
Chris

Default Cancel order ??

Saturday 7pm-ish
Placed an order for some memory.
Received a message:
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL PLEASE LOG BACK IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND DO SO.
---------------
Sunday am realized I had ordered the wrong type of memory.
Logged onto my account to cancel the status for this order was:
AWAITING PACKING
I found that there was no way that I could cancel from there.
I ordered the correct type of memory and decided to send an email to
request that the wrong order be cancelled.
I received this messageMonday)

You have roughly 5 minutes to cancel your order from the point you
place it.

the message you receive once you have placed your order tells you to
Is the message telling you to log on and cancel a load of crap when
there is no way that you are unable to cancel,when you get an email
telling you that you have only 5 MINUTES to cancel.
Also in the email it says that the cancel message says NOW when it
doesn't.

Any come Tuesday I receive two orders in one package the un-wanted one
and the correct one and for sure this was not packed by a computer why
did they have to send the right type and the wrong type this is
costing me £9.35 to return after getting an RMA number,surely it would
be possible to not send me the un-wanted item at that point.

The order was due to be picked up on Thursday (yesterday) it,s still
here waiting to be collected.

In the mean time the company has my money in their account the cost of
the wrong memory and the cost to me to return it.

Peace

Old July 25th 03, 12:51 PM
George

In article ,=20
says...
Saturday 7pm-ish
Placed an order for some memory.
Received a message:
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL PLEASE LOG BACK IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND DO SO.
---------------
Sunday am realized I had ordered the wrong type of memory.
Logged onto my account to cancel the status for this order was:
AWAITING PACKING
I found that there was no way that I could cancel from there.
I ordered the correct type of memory and decided to send an email to
request that the wrong order be cancelled.

-------------------
I received this messageMonday)
=20

-------------------------
Is the message telling you to log on and cancel a load of crap when
there is no way that you are unable to cancel,when you get an email
telling you that you have only 5 MINUTES to cancel.
Also in the email it says that the cancel message says NOW when it
doesn't.
=20
Any come Tuesday I receive two orders in one package the un-wanted one
and the correct one and for sure this was not packed by a computer why
did they have to send the right type and the wrong type this is
costing me =A39.35 to return after getting an RMA number,surely it would
be possible to not send me the un-wanted item at that point.
=20
The order was due to be picked up on Thursday (yesterday) it,s still
here waiting to be collected.
=20
In the mean time the company has my money in their account the cost of
the wrong memory and the cost to me to return it.

You could return it under the distance selling regulations. As far as I=20
know they are supposed to include the cost of returning it in the refund.

Who was the vendor?

--=20
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com
Old July 25th 03, 01:08 PM
Andy Jeffries

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:51:19 +0100, George wrote:
You could return it under the distance selling regulations. As far as I
know they are supposed to include the cost of returning it in the refund.

No they aren't. You have to pay return postage. Actually, as far as I
know it is up to interpretation whether they do or not so most vendors
cover themselves by having it in their T&Cs.

Cheers,

Andy
Old July 25th 03, 01:13 PM
Ant C

------------------

------------------------
[...]

Assume this is dabs. Its been mentioned before.

Dabs are pretty quick at despatch hence the minmal time to cancel.

Apparently its easier and cheaper for dabs to send it out to let you refuse
delivery
or arrange return than it is for them to try and stop it in the warehouse
before it goes out.

Old July 25th 03, 01:23 PM
Bob Eager

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:08:10 UTC, "Andy Jeffries"
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:51:19 +0100, George wrote:
You could return it under the distance selling regulations. As far as I
know they are supposed to include the cost of returning it in the refund.

No they aren't. You have to pay return postage. Actually, as far as I
know it is up to interpretation whether they do or not so most vendors
cover themselves by having it in their T&Cs.

Indeed. And it would be a lot cheaper (3.65 I think) to send it back by
Special Delivery yourself.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old July 25th 03, 02:28 PM
Paul Sharrock

"George" wrote in message

I am sure I read P&P should be refunded. If so the T&C would be
irrelevant. Info I read could have been wrong all the same and it's
probably not worth the hassle for all it would cost to return.

The P&P paid to have the order shipped is refunded but not any return
carriage.

Paul Sharrock
dabs.com

Old July 25th 03, 03:20 PM
For example: John Smith

"Chris" wrote in message
Saturday 7pm-ish

:
blah, blah, blah, the short version being "I f*cked up".

In the mean time the company has my money in their account the cost of
the wrong memory and the cost to me to return it.

And whose fault is that? I suppose you expect a refund if you mark the wrong
lottery numbers as well...

Old July 25th 03, 04:01 PM
consume247.com

"Ge
No they aren't. You have to pay return postage. Actually, as far as I
know it is up to interpretation whether they do or not so most vendors
cover themselves by having it in their T&Cs.

I am sure I read P&P should be refunded. If so the T&C would be
irrelevant. Info I read could have been wrong all the same and it's
probably not worth the hassle for all it would cost to return.

Grey Area yet again, but as far as I understand the vendor must refund
original postage (i.e their shipping cost to you) and must refund your
return costs UNLESS they state otherwise in their T&Cs which of course most
do.
Where most people get confused is between returns under the DSR - and
returns of faulty goods where the vendor MUST refund your postage expenses
regardless of their T&Cs

Old July 25th 03, 11:22 PM
Tony Sutton

"Chris" wrote in message
Any come Tuesday I receive two orders in one package the un-wanted one
and the correct one and for sure this was not packed by a computer why
did they have to send the right type and the wrong type this is
costing me £9.35 to return after getting an RMA number,surely it would
be possible to not send me the un-wanted item at that point.

£9.35 to return a memory? What did you use, ParcelForce or CityLink??

It only costs about £4 to send it as Special Delivery next day.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!