AMD & IBM extend foundary technology relationship out to 2008

Old September 22nd 04, 01:56 AM
Yousuf Khan

Default AMD & IBM extend foundary technology relationship out to 2008

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

Old September 22nd 04, 05:50 PM
RusH

"Yousuf Khan" wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019
Old September 22nd 04, 06:00 PM
Stefan Monnier

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

But that's also true of long URLs (unless you happen to know enough about
the site to trust the URL).

Stefan
Old September 22nd 04, 08:44 PM
RusH

Stefan Monnier wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i
want to know what it is before clicking

But that's also true of long URLs (unless you happen to know
enough about the site to trust the URL).

it's not about trust (who in his wright mind would use crappy IE to
browse the net .. beside some PHBs), its about the content. I don want
to click on any nytimes links because they need registration, i dont
want to click on any "****memore.biz" links (at least not wright now
:P) and so on.

Pozdrawiam.
Old September 22nd 04, 09:10 PM
The little lost angel

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:50:57 +0000 (UTC), RusH
wrote:

"Yousuf Khan" wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

I think we can trust Yousuf enough not to be posting a malicious link
here. Though admittedly, FT seems to like cookies a lot, I had to put
four more URLs into my black list from it alone Ppp
If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old September 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
Stefan Monnier

it's not about trust (who in his wright mind would use crappy IE to
browse the net .. beside some PHBs), its about the content. I don want
to click on any nytimes links because they need registration, i dont
want to click on any "****memore.biz" links (at least not wright now
:P) and so on.

Why do you think that a long URL isn't a redirection to a nytimes article?

Stefan
Old September 22nd 04, 11:00 PM
RusH

Stefan Monnier wrote :

it's not about trust (who in his wright mind would use crappy IE
to browse the net .. beside some PHBs), its about the content. I
don want to click on any nytimes links because they need
registration, i dont want to click on any "****memore.biz" links
(at least not wright now
:P) and so on.

Why do you think that a long URL isn't a redirection to a nytimes
article?

Because I'm smart ?

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2149&p=7

Does this look like a nytimes link ? or that it will redirect me to a
nytimes www ?

Pozdrawiam.
Old September 23rd 04, 04:16 AM
keith

wrote:

"Yousuf Khan" wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

I think we can trust Yousuf enough not to be posting a malicious link
here. Though admittedly, FT seems to like cookies a lot, I had to put
four more URLs into my black list from it alone Ppp

Simply reject all cookies from such sites. ;-)

BTW, it didn't even come up here, so...

--
Keith

Old September 23rd 04, 05:36 AM
Tony Hill

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:00:03 GMT, Stefan Monnier
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

But that's also true of long URLs (unless you happen to know enough about
the site to trust the URL).

At least you know that a long URL isn't just a direct link to
goatse.cx!

-------------
Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca
Old September 23rd 04, 01:29 PM
chrisv

wrote:

"Yousuf Khan" wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/4t75v

please dont do that, i refuse to click on any tinyurl link, i want to
know what it is before clicking

I think we can trust Yousuf enough not to be posting a malicious link
here.

True, but I'm with Rush. I don't like the tinyURL's. There's no
reason to use them, when proper (and free) newsreaders can post long
and unbroken URL's.