Where are the TV channels stored?

Old October 19th 03, 07:15 AM
Manu T

Default Where are the TV channels stored?

"erratic" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:19:11 +0200, "Manu T"
wrote:

I want to know where ATI's TV-program stores it's channel information.

In the registry. You can export the entire TV key.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\TV]

Exporting just the Tuner key may be sufficient, but I'm not sure about
that.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\TV\Tuner]

Thanks for this info.

Unfortunatly it only stores the channelnames (if any) in these locations not
the frequencies used. So I'm back at square one :-(

Regards,

Manu T

Old October 19th 03, 12:15 PM
erratic

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:15:12 +0200, "Manu T"
wrote:

Unfortunatly it only stores the channelnames (if any) in these locations not
the frequencies used. So I'm back at square one :-(

I can't test it now because MMC is not installed, but a few months ago I
reinstalled MMC from scratch and instead of reconfiguring the tuner I
just imported the TV key back into the registry. It worked just fine
then.
Old October 19th 03, 01:04 PM
patrickp

"Manu T" wrote in message
t.net...

wrote:

I want to know where ATI's TV-program stores it's channel information.

In the registry. You can export the entire TV key.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\TV]

Exporting just the Tuner key may be sufficient, but I'm not sure about
that.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\TV\Tuner]

Thanks for this info.

Unfortunatly it only stores the channelnames (if any) in these locations

not
the frequencies used. So I'm back at square one :-(

Regards,

Manu T

I would presume it just stores a channel number rather than a frequency,
Manu. AIR from when I had an AIW (a Rage 128 Pro; a couple of years back),
there's no fine tuning, so a channel number would be all that's necessary.
Frequencies would be preset. You wouldn't need to restore them.

patrickp

Old October 19th 03, 01:44 PM
erratic

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:04:16 +0100, "patrickp"
- take five to email me wrote:

I would presume it just stores a channel number rather than a frequency,
Manu. AIR from when I had an AIW (a Rage 128 Pro; a couple of years back),
there's no fine tuning, so a channel number would be all that's necessary.
Frequencies would be preset. You wouldn't need to restore them.

That must be it.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\TV\Tuner\9]
"9"="{454E4F4E-5320-5445-0900-00001F000000}"
"Channel Name"="MTV"

In that example 1F (hexadecimal) is the channel number and 9 is my
preset for it. Tuning channels to different preset numbers is a lot of
work (I had to do rearrange everything manually) that's why I exported
the registry key.

Any tv tuner does more than 125 channels? Rodney Ati Videocards 6 October 6th 03 10:02 PM
What happened to my guide plus channels? Douglas Findley Ati Videocards 6 September 23rd 03 03:49 AM
TV Tuner Card SBreez General 7 September 7th 03 10:09 PM
ATI all in wonder+higher channels Bitsbucket Ati Videocards 1 July 4th 03 03:22 AM