HDD sensor

Old January 25th 15, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default HDD sensor

Weird. Just moved everything off a full 1T Samsung - to a Seagate
ST2000dm001 firmware cc27. (Sweetly hauling its everloving humming
butt for that thruput volume.)

They're both off a Silicon Image PCI 2-HD controller, and, whereas I
was getting a Temp reading off the Samsung, the Seagate isn't
reporting in now (if at least to SpeedFan).

Hm.

Putting, loading up on a FlashStick HDDScan and

This MSI package contains:
- Hdparm executable for Windows v.6.9 released 28 feb 2007
- Cygwin® POSIX Emulation library v.1007.9.0.0 released 29 mar 2011
- Icons (from http://www.iconarchive.com/artist/aha-soft.html)
- Predefined cmd scripts for setting most common HDD APM values - max
battery, hard disk performance or APM disabled.

for a lookeesee.

Doubt anything's going hot on me anytime soon, and I do have intents
to replace a WD 750G, Temps being actively reported, with that same
Samsung (unless I go bigger w/ a 1.5/another 2T HDD). At least, in
theory, I should have One drive, of two in a side-by-side array, being
reported actively on recurrent temperature scans.

Trouble is, I like 'em better if they're all up and 'on the grid.'
And, then, just might be another version SpeedFan to configure for
these newer chipsets. Dunno.