Water-cooling?

Old January 21st 15, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Water-cooling?

Seeing some good prices on water-cooling kits recently. Any opinions on
All-in-One cooling kits? I'm looking specifically at the Corsair Hydro
Series H60? The Hydro series ranges from an H55 Quiet Edition, to a
high-performance H100i. Which would be more appropriate? I'm looking
mainly at moderate overclocking (10-20%), but more at quiet operation.

Also willing to look at other brands.

Processor is a Phenom II X6 1100T (unlocked), board is Gigabyte
GA-990FXA-UD5. If you're wondering.

Yousuf Khan
Old January 22nd 15, 02:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:46:11 -0500, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

Seeing some good prices on water-cooling kits recently. Any opinions on
All-in-One cooling kits? I'm looking specifically at the Corsair Hydro
Series H60? The Hydro series ranges from an H55 Quiet Edition, to a
high-performance H100i. Which would be more appropriate? I'm looking
mainly at moderate overclocking (10-20%), but more at quiet operation.

All in one as in self contained, no water block or plumbing - probably
won't ever spring a leak, but decent fan only heatpipes give them a
run for the money. I take one, though, if all else were equal
pricewise;- I've never had much luck with matching rated figures, test
polls, just unmentionably cooler CPUs for what they are - entry
dual/quad cores paired to really decent to pretty decent HS/CPU
combos.

I'd also take the cooler CPU over any overclocking considerations,
which wouldn't be as much a consideration (at least for what I'm
running), as a possible future imposition on stability depending on
how hard it was overclocked. I'd at least want to know the CPU
lineage and how it's throttled if applicable to higher specifics, as
some are, for marketing at a lower tier designators. These fan/HS
combos, these days, are hard to beat, though. Top notch assurances.
If anything, I've some support/video chipsets on an over-5yr old
Gigabyte MB running on the hot side (125-135F according to SpeedFan's
sensor monitoring);- the X2 4000 AMD CPU is the coldest of three
sensors, as a matter of fact (excluding HDs);- another Intel setup
quadcore runs pretty close to totally ambient with a monster
grapefruit of an air HS.

Old January 23rd 15, 05:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

wrote:

Seeing some good prices on water-cooling kits recently. Any opinions on
All-in-One cooling kits? I'm looking specifically at the Corsair Hydro
Series H60? The Hydro series ranges from an H55 Quiet Edition, to a
high-performance H100i. Which would be more appropriate? I'm looking
mainly at moderate overclocking (10-20%), but more at quiet operation.

I've been happy with the two of theirs I have owned.
Old January 23rd 15, 10:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

wrote:

Seeing some good prices on water-cooling kits recently. Any opinions on
All-in-One cooling kits? I'm looking specifically at the Corsair Hydro
Series H60? The Hydro series ranges from an H55 Quiet Edition, to a
high-performance H100i. Which would be more appropriate? I'm looking
mainly at moderate overclocking (10-20%), but more at quiet operation.

I've been happy with the two of theirs I have owned.

Which two? What models?

Yousuf Khan

new to water cooling [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 0 December 8th 06 08:22 PM
Water Cooling. Morgan Sales General 2 October 23rd 04 10:22 PM
Water cooling? Which one? SysCold General 5 August 11th 04 02:26 AM
Water cooling Q Spencer Overclocking 12 June 28th 04 06:34 PM
water cooling Pandora Xero General Hardware 5 May 7th 04 09:54 AM