probably a stupid question

Old August 4th 06, 12:48 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
cheech

Default probably a stupid question

Is it possible to run a celeron with a fsb of 400mhz in a motherboard with a
fsb of 800mhz?, or is it a no -go?
thanks

Old August 4th 06, 02:08 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Neil Barras

"cheech" wrote in message
Is it possible to run a celeron with a fsb of 400mhz in a motherboard with
a fsb of 800mhz?, or is it a no -go?
thanks

Should be fine. The 800mhz fsb you are seeing is the maximum the board can
take. So a Celeron with a 400 should run fine. Out of interest, what is
the board?

Old August 4th 06, 02:32 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
cheech

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The board is an MS7041 made by MSI for Medion, according to Medion, it has
the Intel 865PE (ht) chipset.
It came in a case I bought a while ago, but so far I never got round to
testing it

Old August 4th 06, 03:29 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Neil Barras

There is no mention of that board on MSI, probably due to it being a custom.
But there is another 865 chipset board they made and the CPU support is here
if you're interested:

http://tinyurl.com/n4p9x

Your celeron should be ok, just make sure its for the socket on the board.
Being a 865, it is most likely a 478 (Pins on the chip) socket.

Old August 4th 06, 05:06 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Trent

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:32:08 GMT "cheech"
wrote in Message id: :

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The board is an MS7041 made by MSI for Medion, according to Medion, it has
the Intel 865PE (ht) chipset.

Some i865 boards do NOT support older Celeron/Pentium 4 CPUs with 400FSB.
Old August 4th 06, 05:41 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Brownz \(mobile\)

wrote in Message id: :

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The board is an MS7041 made by MSI for Medion, according to Medion,
it has the Intel 865PE (ht) chipset.

Some i865 boards do NOT support older Celeron/Pentium 4 CPUs with
400FSB.

865PE does though.
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/865pe/index.htm

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Old August 4th 06, 06:41 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Puddin' Man

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:48:01 GMT, "cheech"
wrote:

Is it possible to run a celeron with a fsb of 400mhz in a motherboard with a
fsb of 800mhz?, or is it a no -go?
thanks

I dunno ...

I am running Celly D 345 on D865gvhz (Intel) board rated
at fsb 800 mhz, 2 512mb sticks Ultra DDR400 mem.

Bios and cpu-z sez Dual Channel, 1 gb, mem speed: 333.

So far as I know, 333 is all I can get from it.