Promise PDC20378 - NCQ or not ?

Old September 21st 04, 06:15 PM
Arifi Koseoglu

Default Promise PDC20378 - NCQ or not ?

Hello people,

I am about to buy an Asus PC-DL Deluxe motherboard, which has the Promise
PDC 20378 SATA chip. I would like to know whether this chip supports Native
Command Queueing. The motherboard has the ICH5R south bridge - Would this
have an effect on the board's SATA NCQ support?

Could not find any clear information on the net, including Promise's own
site.

Does anyone know?

TIA,
-arifi

Old September 21st 04, 08:33 PM
RusH

"Arifi Koseoglu" wrote :

I would like to know whether this
chip supports Native Command Queueing.

http://forums.storagereview.net/inde...pic=15638&st=0

in short - it's a HOAX
TCQ is supported by many controllers, NCQ is not (only 2 I know of)

Could not find any clear information on the net, including
Promise's own site.

Call them, they will say "yes, it has got that, and everything else you
say" , but dont try to find some paperproof, there is none.

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019
Old September 22nd 04, 08:11 AM
Arifi Koseoglu

"RusH" wrote in message
22.97...
"Arifi Koseoglu" wrote :

I would like to know whether this
chip supports Native Command Queueing.

http://forums.storagereview.net/inde...pic=15638&st=0

Many thanks !! This forum is simply what I needed !