I've downloaded the manual but....

Old April 1st 04, 02:42 AM
JBM

Default I've downloaded the manual but....

Yes, that's what I did.

"Rich" wrote in message
you should be able to fix that with PartitionMagic, no?

--
Return address modified for spam protection. Remove windy to reply.
"JBM" wrote in message
It asks if you want to create a boot CD when installed. To restore you

boot
from the CD.
Or after installation you can create a secure zone
which is a hidden partition you can backup to.
Press F11 at boot acronis will load and you can
do a restore. I've used the CDs to restore with no
problems. I've also used the secure zone, but
like having the backup on media separate from
the drive I'm backing up.
One thing I noticed is when you do a restore acronis
restores the partition to the original size unlike ghost
where if you backed up an 80GB drive and restored
to a 120GB drive it would adjust to use the available
free space.

Jim Manning

"Rich" wrote in message
Huh, didn't think of that. Have you been able to restore from the
CD-Rs
yet? I wonder if there's some info that needs to be written in order

for
that to work. I notice Acronis works within Windows. When you restore

do
you boot to DOS? Do you create a boot disk within Acronis TI? How
does

it
work. DriveImage allows you to create a pair of bootable diskettes
that
give you everything you need to make/restore images.

Rich

--
Return address modified for spam protection. Remove windy to reply.

Acorp 6VIA96A manual - where? Robert Goodwin Homebuilt PC's 1 May 12th 04 01:51 PM
Need Nero 5.5 manual Wishy13764 Cdr 4 January 3rd 04 01:09 AM
P4C800-E Deluxe Manual FSB setting. Can't do it. Jack Markham Asus Motherboards 3 December 7th 03 06:13 PM
Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Win 2000, Radeon 9600XT -> Problem David Henderson Asus Motherboards 14 December 2nd 03 12:15 PM
ASUS TV FM Card Problem with Audio ? and Manual? Tor Tverre Asus Motherboards 3 July 13th 03 02:48 PM