Acer Travelmate 730

Old February 10th 07, 07:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Absilon

Default Acer Travelmate 730

Hello,

I'd like to know how I can start the bios setup at the system bootstrap.
Acer website tells that F2 while bootstrapping does open up the bios user
interface, but it doesn't work.

May anyone help me?

Thanks

Old February 10th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
ctowers

Absilon wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to know how I can start the bios setup at the system
bootstrap. Acer website tells that F2 while bootstrapping does open
up the bios user interface, but it doesn't work.

May anyone help me?

Thanks

Restarting and holding down F2 is what works on this Aspire 1640Z notebook.
--
_ct_

Old February 11th 07, 10:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Absilon

"ctowers" ha scritto nel messaggio
Absilon wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to know how I can start the bios setup at the system
bootstrap. Acer website tells that F2 while bootstrapping does open
up the bios user interface, but it doesn't work.

May anyone help me?

Thanks

Restarting and holding down F2 is what works on this Aspire 1640Z
notebook.
--
_ct_

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work here.
I contacted Acer Italy and I'm now waiting for a reply.

Old February 12th 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Martin Joachim

Am 10.02.2007 08:23 schrieb Absilon:

I'd like to know how I can start the bios setup at the system bootstrap.
Acer website tells that F2 while bootstrapping does open up the bios user
interface, but it doesn't work.

Maybe ESC helps? Normaly Acer uses F2 for BIOS setup, but the Escape key
is a valid methode with other systems.

Martin
Old February 13th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Davy

Dya' not have to keep tapping it every couple of seconds while you are
booting up....?

Heres a PDF manual
http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/edwin/...er/TM730SG.PDF

I alway's thought it was F8 but the key does vary with computer &
mobo brand.

Davy