USB 2.0 on Intel 865PERL mobo

Old April 24th 04, 02:56 AM
Baad Boy

I have a D865PERL running Win2K Pro and the CD wouldn't load the software or
drivers from the CD autorun. What I did was close the autorun window that
starts after CD insertion and brought up device manger, selected USB and
added drivers using "Update Driver". Click the "Specify a location" dialog
and browse the CD to the USB drivers. Intel Express Installer doesn't work,
so you can also load the additional sofware by browsing the disk with
Windows Explorer.

Baad Boy

"chrisv" wrote in message

Trying to install the USB 2.0 drivers (from the motherboard's CD)
results in failure. Experiments using a USB 2.0 flash-drive prove I'm
not getting 2.0 speeds. BIOS settings to enable high-speed USB look
to be correct.

Any ideas?

Old April 24th 04, 10:28 AM
The little lost angel

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:40:57 -0500, chrisv
wrote:

Yeah, that's what I did to test my data transfer speed. Way too slow
for USB 2.0 (a couple minutes to transfer 100MB).

Have you tried the same on a system known to have a working full speed
USB 2.0 connection? The problem as I mentioned before, some
manufacturers are putting USB 2.0 interfaces on media that won't meet
that kind of speeds. There was some review done some time back by some
photography website and showed significant disparity between what
different brands of cards can achieve.

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old April 27th 04, 03:06 PM
chrisv

wrote:

Yeah, that's what I did to test my data transfer speed. Way too slow
for USB 2.0 (a couple minutes to transfer 100MB).

Have you tried the same on a system known to have a working full speed
USB 2.0 connection? The problem as I mentioned before, some
manufacturers are putting USB 2.0 interfaces on media that won't meet
that kind of speeds. There was some review done some time back by some
photography website and showed significant disparity between what
different brands of cards can achieve.

I don't have any known-good USB 2.0 machines. 8( I am checking on
data read from the flash, which would be faster than writing it...

I tend to think it's "my fault" since the driver install fails. It's
quite odd that the Intel driver won't install on in Intel board. And
the error message ("failed") is worthless.