ACER HELL: HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO CARD

Old June 2nd 04, 12:39 AM

Default ACER HELL: HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO CARD

I'm just about ready top bring this thing back to where I bought it! Has ANYONE successfully installed a
PCI video card into an Aspire, and if so, did you have to disable the onboard AGP chip ?
I've tried three different PCI cards: all three cause the machine to freeze up when booting. I out the card in, booted into XP.
Xp finds the card, loads generic drivers for it. In two cases out of three, I then downloaded
and installed the latest drivers for each card. Rebooted, disabled onboard video, rebooted again, FREEZE!!
If I leave the onboard turned on, I get nothing from the PCI card..of course.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! Tell me what card you have, and how you got it to work.

I really think I must have a bad mother board.....

Old June 9th 04, 02:27 AM
Dave

Eh what you on about? You should've asked the place of purchase about this;
laptop's dont usually accept just random PCI cards; it's a consideration
you're *supposed* to make when you purchase a laptop; if it comes with intel
32mb graphics, that's what you're usually stuck with.