ATT: HH Thanks for reply, it is indeed a Canadian model, but it has an AMD 850mhz and doesnt have onboard VGA

Old August 23rd 04, 07:44 PM
Homer

Default ATT: HH Thanks for reply, it is indeed a Canadian model, but it has an AMD 850mhz and doesnt have onboard VGA

Thanks for reply, it is indeed a Canadian model, but it has an AMD
850mhz not an 800mhz and doesnt have onboard VGA. It has an 8mb nvidia
tnt. I am trying to get an Abit Siluro GF2 64MB to work in it but it
won't boot. Can't even get to BIOS. The card is good cause I tryied it
in 2 other pcs. Any Suggestions? Or is it (the pc) a piece of ****
like I thought? Can I get a BIOS update somewere? Looked all over
HP's/Compaq's site and can't find one.
Old August 24th 04, 02:00 AM
HH

Is it an 8X AGP card? If so, it likely is the wrong voltage for your 2X AGP
slot. Many GeForce 8X cards are NOT backwards compatible, even some 4X cards
are not. Most ATI Radeons are. I thought you said 5003CA, which is an 800
with onboard video.
HH

"Homer" wrote in message
Thanks for reply, it is indeed a Canadian model, but it has an AMD
850mhz not an 800mhz and doesnt have onboard VGA. It has an 8mb nvidia
tnt. I am trying to get an Abit Siluro GF2 64MB to work in it but it
won't boot. Can't even get to BIOS. The card is good cause I tryied it
in 2 other pcs. Any Suggestions? Or is it (the pc) a piece of ****
like I thought? Can I get a BIOS update somewere? Looked all over
HP's/Compaq's site and can't find one.

Canadian online stores Skeleton Man General 3 February 24th 05 07:51 PM
Canadian prices? Peter General 1 December 31st 04 10:14 PM
9600XT for $199 Canadian Todd Ati Videocards 10 September 1st 04 10:30 PM
Canadian Content Providor GuitarMan Nvidia Videocards 0 October 3rd 03 01:05 PM
Reputable Canadian Retailers Andy Homebuilt PC's 1 September 30th 03 07:31 PM