What happened to the IMD thread?

Old September 14th 05, 11:10 PM
Jeffrey Alsip

Default What happened to the IMD thread?

I could have swore we were discussing IMD's. A man in Australia wanted
to put one in his ProLiant 1200. Now I can't locate the thread (I hate
it when that happens).

Anyway, I was out in the garage ripping apart a 3000 when I encountered
an adapter that I have not seen before. It attaches to the end of the
IMD's 34pin ribbon cable, and converts it to two seperate
connectors...one with 14pins and one with 20pins, and they attach to
the motherboard at a right angle to each other.

Now, assuming that I wasn't just imagining the previous thread
(mentioned above), I think this solves the mystery.

Jeff

Old September 14th 05, 11:42 PM
Rick F.

In article . com, Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
I could have swore we were discussing IMD's. A man in Australia wanted
to put one in his ProLiant 1200. Now I can't locate the thread (I hate
it when that happens).

Anyway, I was out in the garage ripping apart a 3000 when I encountered
an adapter that I have not seen before. It attaches to the end of the
IMD's 34pin ribbon cable, and converts it to two seperate
connectors...one with 14pins and one with 20pins, and they attach to
the motherboard at a right angle to each other.

Now, assuming that I wasn't just imagining the previous thread
(mentioned above), I think this solves the mystery.

Gee.. I guess I was correct on my thought process.. Yes, that was I believe
part of the mystery.. I'm not sure if the aussie guy solved his problem yet
or not..

-- Rick

Old September 15th 05, 12:13 AM
VinceV

I think it was assimilated by the "Just powered up the 7000"
thread.....

VinceV

Old September 15th 05, 12:23 AM
.

Two connectors at right angles.... ummm.. nope. On this 1200 they are
parallel. I never got a response back from the seller of the IMD I'm
looking at so I still don't know how many versions of the IMD there are,
if there's more than one at all.
Old September 15th 05, 01:00 AM
Jeffrey Alsip

It'll still work. The headers on the old 3000 motherboard just happen
to be at a right angle. The adapter consists of two pieces of 6 inch
ribbon cable ending in the two connectors. You can plug them in in any
orientation you wish. Trust me...this is the ticket.

I now have three IMD's in front of me. One each from a 2500, 1600, and
3000. They appear to be identical. Just for the hell of it, I tried all
three of these in the 3000 tower that I rebuilt today. All three work
exactly the same. All three have the same mounting bracket and the
exact same dimensions. I think we may be talking about a basically
generic part here.

Jeff