Video Card

Old August 24th 05, 06:38 AM
Giulio Barioni

Default Video Card

Hi All:

I received a Compaq Presario desktop as a gift and would appreciate some
suggestions.

The computer has the following:

3000+ AMD Sempron Processor
512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory
120 GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA Hard drive
CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo Drive

I like playing video games. However I don't know what kind of card is
installed. It may be a poor one because when I play a game, the computer
freezes about half way through. Also, the graphics are not the best.

So any suggestions from any one about what should I change if any thing
on this? Or should I leave it as is and purchase another computer?

I like this computer because the price was right (it was free), but is
it worth upgrading?

Thanks much for your answers and keep up the great work. People like
myself who are not so knowledgable with computers need all the help we
can get.

Giulio //o-o\\
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, because you're gonna meet
the same people on the way down"---Ralph Kramden

Old August 24th 05, 11:57 AM
HH

Without the model number, there's no way to tell. It may have no card
installed (onboard graphics chip). Most Presarios of the last 2-3 years have
the model number right on the front.
HH

Old August 24th 05, 12:23 PM
Echy

Giulio Barioni wrote:
[...]

Re identifying your card, maybe try downloading Belarc Advisor, an
application that reveals lots of information about your computer when
you run it.

It's free from:-

www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com

--
ÐÏࡱá
Old August 24th 05, 10:22 PM
Giulio Barioni

Hi HH:

The model number, according to the number in front of the tower is
SR1215CL.

There is also a number on the border of the monitor if this helps. It's
located on the upper right and it is FS7555.

Thanks much for your response. I hope you or any one else who see's this
can give me some advice on whether this computer is worth up-grading,
and what kind if any of a video card I have.

For new lookers, this is a desktop Presario.

Old August 25th 05, 02:47 AM
HH

Information on your Presario's motherboard is available on the HP website
at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00069442

Your PC came with integrated graphics on the motherboard, but also has an
8X/4X AGP slot. I have a similar setup in my SR1000Z. I'm using a 256MB 8X
ATI Radeon 9200 video card in mine and like it.
When you install an AGP video card, the onboard video is auto disabled.