Which IP cameras have a simple HTTP interface?

Old January 15th 09, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
RaRaRa

Default Which IP cameras have a simple HTTP interface?

Hello -

I like Axis IP cameras, because they have a simple HTTP interface. For
example, the following single HTTP call will retrieve an image from an Axis
camera:
http://192.168.1.51/jpg/image.jpg
Also, with Axis cameras it's not necessary to install any software at all on
the PC. The problem is they are not cheap.

Can anyone suggest other brands of IP cameras that:
- Will return an image to a browser with a single HTTP call.
- Don't require software to be installed on PCs.
- Are fairly cheap?
- Are reliable (ie. will work for months without a reboot)
The websites of manufacturers don't usually answer these questions.

Thanks

Old January 16th 09, 05:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
bob prohaska's usenet account

Can anyone suggest other brands of IP cameras that:
- Will return an image to a browser with a single HTTP call.
- Don't require software to be installed on PCs.
- Are fairly cheap?
- Are reliable (ie. will work for months without a reboot)

I think the Zonet cameras we have come fairly close to this, but
they're only 640 by 480. They're certainly cheap, about $70 each
from Newegg. No idea how long they'll run without a reboot, we've
only had ours running for a couple of months with the manufacturer's
logging software.

It looks like the base model we bought is no longer available, the
fancier stuff (with audio, for example) is more like $150. Might be
worth a look, anyway.

bob prohaska