Dazzle to Input VHS to Computer

Old May 28th 04, 06:30 AM
Carol and Allen Bredt

Default Dazzle to Input VHS to Computer

I want to transfer from VHS tape to DVD-R using my 700XL.

Best Buy has a product - Dazzle 80 - $70 with Pinnacle Quick Start software.
Has anyone here used it?

Or Dazzle 150 for $ 150?

Thanks for any advice, Allen

Old May 28th 04, 04:27 PM
snoopy

I got the Pinnacle Moxie Box and it works great. Came with Pinnacle Studio
8.9 too. I think I paid about $200 after a $50 rebate at Circuit City.

When I was looking into it some of the lower priced stuff had drawbacks.
Might want to Google it and see what turns up in the newsgroups.

Old May 29th 04, 12:33 AM
Carol and Allen Bredt

I'm getting overwhelmed by the choices from Pinnacle - who now owns Dazzle.
Do you know what makes Movie Box better?
Do you remember why you didn't get the Dazzle 150?

Do you use input from a VCR then output to the DVD writer on your PC?

Is the Pinnacle software that came with Movie Box hard to understand? I
don't plan to do anything complicated - just edit out some sections of the
tape that are jittery.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm confused.
--
C and A Bredt

Old June 1st 04, 10:43 PM
Carol and Allen Bredt

Hi Ole~Biker,

Thanks for jumping in. I had read some other newsgroups that said the
Pinnacle Studio 9 software is buggy. But if you and Snoppy are using it, it
should be OK for me.

My system is plenty big and has a DVD-R drive that I will use to write the
DVDs.

I'm going out of town for a while, so I plan to buy it in a couple of weeks.
Will post again if/when I have questions.

--
C and A Bredt
"Ole~Biker" wrote in message
.136...
"Carol and Allen Bredt" Blurted out
news
I'm getting overwhelmed by the choices from Pinnacle - who now owns
Dazzle. Do you know what makes Movie Box better?
Do you remember why you didn't get the Dazzle 150?

Mind if I jump in here?

I have the MovieBox USB2. It comes with the 'full' version of Pinnacle
Studio9 software, (all the bells and whistles).
The Dazzle 150 comes with a stripped down version of Studio8.

Do you use input from a VCR then output to the DVD writer on your PC?

I currently input from either the VCR or an old VHS camera and output to
SVCD.

Is the Pinnacle software that came with Movie Box hard to understand?

Not really difficult as long as you understand the 'lingo' and properly
configure the software.

I don't plan to do anything complicated - just edit out some sections
of the tape that are jittery.

It will do all that and a lot more.
Make sure you can meet all the system requirements though.
At least a 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB memory or more, and lots of hard
drive space, 1 hour of video = 12.7 GB. I use an 160GB external drive
for storage.
Video rendering uses alot of processor so it's best to shutdown
everything else when using it.

You may also want to look at the Pinnacle support forums before you make
your final decision.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?Langue_ID=7

Old June 4th 04, 03:31 PM
jimrx4

I have the Dazzle DVC 80 and it works great. I have tried (and I have the
needed hardware/horsepower) to use the newer USB 2.0 products (including the
Dazzle DVC 90 (USB 2.0)) and have gotten nothing but grief! Maybe I'm not as
sophisticated as some others but it really is not a daunting problem to
capture video & audio. My DVC 80 is compatible with WinXP MovieMaker,
Ulead's VideoStudio, and Studio 9.