How do I get an Epson GT-7000 Photo to run Windows XP?

Old February 15th 04, 05:19 PM
Frode Igland

Default How do I get an Epson GT-7000 Photo to run Windows XP?

I have a 3-4 years old "EPSON GT-7000 Photo", which I have previously run on
Windows 95. How do I get it to run on XP. I have downloaded two different
XP drivers from "DriverGuide" one called "epscan.exe" and another called
"gt-7000.zip". The last one I cannot event get to unzip, while the first one
installs well, but when I try to run it, it gives me an error message:
EPSON TWAIN is not installed.
Install EPSON TWAIN using the "EPSON Scan!II" disk.

The problem is that I don't have the EPSON Scan! II disk, because it was not
part of the package when I bought the scanner.

So what do I do?

Frode Igland
Bergen, Norway

Old February 16th 04, 01:20 PM
CSM1

"Frode Igland" wrote in message
news
I have a 3-4 years old "EPSON GT-7000 Photo", which I have previously run

on
Windows 95. How do I get it to run on XP. I have downloaded two different
XP drivers from "DriverGuide" one called "epscan.exe" and another called
"gt-7000.zip". The last one I cannot event get to unzip, while the first

one
installs well, but when I try to run it, it gives me an error message:
EPSON TWAIN is not installed.
Install EPSON TWAIN using the "EPSON Scan!II" disk.

The problem is that I don't have the EPSON Scan! II disk, because it was

not
part of the package when I bought the scanner.

So what do I do?

Frode Igland
Bergen, Norway

Go to the UK site and download the Windows 2000 driver.
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/download/index.htm

Select in the Drop-downs:
Scanner GT-7000 Windows 2000
There is not a driver for Windows XP but the Windows 2000 driver should
work.

Instructions:
http://support.epson-europe.com/faqs/en/020032.pdf

In the UK.
EPSON drivers on CD
Drivers on CD for EPSON Printers and Scanners are also available for a small
fee via the Driver Request line on 08706 030 596.
Calls to this line will be charged at the standard BT national rate.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com