Burning software

Old December 1st 03, 09:30 AM
Matt Fulford

Default Burning software

I've recently bought a new Sony CRX230 CDRW drive. Can anyone recommend any
burning software that supports this drive? I'm having trouble finding
anything.

Matt

Old December 1st 03, 10:11 AM
Hu Ru

Did it come with any software? My Sony CDRW came with "B's Recorder Gold"
which works O.K., minus bells and whistles.

Old December 1st 03, 03:07 PM
Matt Fulford

Thanks for that. I downloaded Nero and it works fine! Life saver!

" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:55:15 -0000, "Matt Fulford"
wrote:

No, the drive didn't come with any software.

Have you downloaded the free version of NERO and tried it?

The funny thing is - your model isnt listed as supported but NERO is
bundled with it - with some packages.

Its possible theres some SONY version of NERO they bundle with it -
but its worth a try.

Old December 1st 03, 09:39 PM
TommyDale

"Matt Fulford" wrote in message ...
Thanks for that. I downloaded Nero and it works fine! Life saver!

I find that Nero is best for burning anything, including DVD
recordables and CD recordables. Once it is set up, there is never a
need to make a change. I use the 5.5.10.54 right now. I have been
using the free DVD Shrink for preparing the DVD's, but Nero handles
all the burning for DVDs, audio CDs, wave editing and recording.
Old December 10th 03, 11:36 PM
Ron Goodenow

I don't know what OS you're using, but I had serious problems with a
recent version of Nero on my Win98SE computers (running a Plextor and
TDG) and switched over to CD Mate, which has worked absolutely
flawlessly on them, as well as on a USB Backpack connected to my small
Sony Vaio XP subnote. CD Mate has a lot of useful copying, MP3 and
other features. It's simple, easy on systems and works as well as any
software I've used. Check it out at http://www.cd-mate.com/

Matt Fulford wrote:

I've recently bought a new Sony CRX230 CDRW drive. Can anyone recommend any
burning software that supports this drive? I'm having trouble finding
anything.

Matt

Conflict between 2 CD/DVD burning software Rick General 2 January 2nd 04 11:09 PM
Burning Software Question Dan Cdr 5 November 12th 03 07:10 PM
CDR Burning Software Compatiability LeAnne Cdr 2 September 25th 03 04:51 PM
Difference between Burning and Backup software Mark Blain Cdr 0 August 13th 03 12:58 AM
Retaining MP3 file Names Using Nero Burning Software Robert D. McManaway Cdr 1 August 7th 03 04:26 AM