Video Input Thru My computer

Old October 7th 05, 10:29 PM
puns

Default Video Input Thru My computer

I am presently using a webcam plugged in thru my usb terminal. I want to
eventually try an analog video or a cctv camera. Is there a video card
and/or adapter i can connect to the outside usb terminal to accomplish the
above?

Old October 8th 05, 12:15 AM
Robert J Batina

puns spewed:
I am presently using a webcam plugged in thru my usb terminal. I
want to eventually try an analog video or a cctv camera. Is there a
video card and/or adapter i can connect to the outside usb terminal
to accomplish the above?

There sure is. I use a USB 1.1 device called USBLive that allows for
S-Video or RCA composite video input. It'll let you feed video from a
camcorder, CCTV cam, vcr, dvd, PS2, etc... anything that outputs a normal
video signal, you can use with a device like this. There are also USB
devices from Dazzle that allow video input - shouldn't be too hard to find
something like that on eBay really.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

Old October 8th 05, 12:20 AM
puns

Robert,
I should have been more explicit! I want to be able to have streaming video
for video chat sites such as yahoo, paltalk, msn, etc.

"Robert J Batina" wrote in message
.. .

puns spewed:

Old October 8th 05, 02:46 AM
Si Ballenger

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:20:54 GMT, "puns"
wrote:

Robert,
I should have been more explicit! I want to be able to have streaming video
for video chat sites such as yahoo, paltalk, msn, etc.

The below should do what you want. Belkin and X10 also make
similar devices. Devices that are made for DVR may have a lot of
cpu overhead when being used even if you are not activly
recording.

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/usb_data.htm

Old October 8th 05, 10:15 AM
Robert J Batina

puns spewed:
Robert,
I should have been more explicit! I want to be able to have
streaming video for video chat sites such as yahoo, paltalk, msn,
etc.

Oh yeah, it'll do that too... I've used this setup with streaming webcams
with WebcamXP, as well as the various chat apps like Yahoo and MSN. The
computer just recognizes it as a Video for Windows device and you can use it
in pretty much anything. I think you can even capture stills from it via
TWAIN in programs like Paint Shop / Photoshop / etc. :-)

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

Old October 8th 05, 01:30 PM
kim

Robert J Batina wrote:
puns spewed:

Robert,
I should have been more explicit! I want to be able to have
streaming video for video chat sites such as yahoo, paltalk, msn,
etc.

Oh yeah, it'll do that too... I've used this setup with streaming webcams
with WebcamXP, as well as the various chat apps like Yahoo and MSN. The
computer just recognizes it as a Video for Windows device and you can use it
in pretty much anything. I think you can even capture stills from it via
TWAIN in programs like Paint Shop / Photoshop / etc. :-)

Quote: "I think you can even capture stills from it via
TWAIN in programs like Paint Shop / Photoshop / etc."

Yes you can. In Photoshop you go to FileImport and it will be listed
there as a WIA device or by the cameras name