Can movie image onf 2 layer DVD be saved onto Single Layer DVD ?

Old July 22nd 05, 05:36 PM
Dave

Default Can movie image onf 2 layer DVD be saved onto Single Layer DVD ?

Hi!
Can video image of 2 layer (Movie) DVD be saved onto Single Layer DVD
by using any compression utility ?
Any advise and pointers or links appreciated.
TIA

Old July 22nd 05, 07:32 PM
Dan G

I second the DVDShrink option, but take the time to read the tutorials about
how to use it.

Some movies are too big to be shrunk properly, and need to be split between
2 discs, or burned to a double layer disc. Shrink can split a movie very
nicely.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:53 PM
Happy Dude

"Dan G" wrote in message
I second the DVDShrink option, but take the time to read the tutorials about
how to use it.

Some movies are too big to be shrunk properly, and need to be split between
2 discs, or burned to a double layer disc. Shrink can split a movie very
nicely.

Tutorials on how to use it???? Its too easy.. I've never had a
problem not making a DVD fit onto one single layer disc

Old July 22nd 05, 09:56 PM
Dan G

"Happy Dude" wrote in message

Tutorials on how to use it???? Its too easy.. I've never had a
problem not making a DVD fit onto one single layer disc

Then you've been lucky, or you're watching on a small screen. Shrinking to
less than 80% is clearly visible on a large hi-res screen. Likewise, there
are many tricks and tweaks around to maximize results, and the proper use of
the quality settings is critical for top-quality results. All of which
requires some learning.

Old July 22nd 05, 10:34 PM
GuessWho

" Tutorials on how to use it???? Its too easy.. I've never had a
problem not making a DVD fit onto one single layer disc

Then you've been lucky, or you're watching on a small screen. Shrinking to
less than 80% is clearly visible on a large hi-res screen. Likewise, there
are many tricks and tweaks around to maximize results, and the proper use
of
the quality settings is critical for top-quality results. All of which
requires some learning.

I agree......
You have to decide what extras to omit in order to fit most films onto one
4.7GB disc.
I usually get rid of multiple audio tracks, subtitles and most extras.
This usually results in a shrink of around 80% which as mentioned above is
what you need or else the quality really suffers on a large screen

Old July 23rd 05, 12:02 AM
Happy Dude

I usually watch them on a 27" RCA, but they also get played on a 52" 16x9
HDTV. I know there is going to be quality loss...but i haven't seen
anything that obvious. I just always do the detailed analysis or whatever
its called, and leave out the audio tracks i don't need.

Old July 23rd 05, 06:13 AM
Breezereef

In addition to getting rid of surplus sound and languages, I also shrink the
menus as much as possible, making more room for the movie.

Breezereef

Old July 23rd 05, 08:19 AM
Dave

"Dan G" wrote in message

"Happy Dude" wrote in message

Tutorials on how to use it???? Its too easy.. I've never had a
problem not making a DVD fit onto one single layer disc

Then you've been lucky, or you're watching on a small screen. Shrinking to
less than 80% is clearly visible on a large hi-res screen. Likewise, there
are many tricks and tweaks around to maximize results, and the proper use of
the quality settings is critical for top-quality results. All of which
requires some learning.

I did a "Copy Disk" in Nero and Nero output 2 images .....
"movie.nrg" (4194 Mb) and "movie.nrg.001" (3283 Mb) .....
So, what do I do with these 2 images now to have them
fit onto a single sided DVD?
I'm new at DVD burning and any help is most welcome.
thnx! ..... :-)
Old July 23rd 05, 10:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dave wrote:

Can video image of 2 layer (Movie) DVD be saved onto Single Layer DVD
by using any compression utility ?
Any advise and pointers or links appreciated.

How to backup DVD to DVD±R/W Basic
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

- DVD-9 to DVD-5 using DVDShrink and removing unwanted features
- How to copy a DVD-9 using brand-new version 3.1 of DVD Shrink
- How to copy a DVD-9 To DVD±R using DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta

- How to copy DVD - 9 To DVD±R using Nero Recode 2
- doom9 Nero Recode 2 guide
'

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
( a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole