Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________---_ mobtykur

Old November 8th 04, 10:01 PM
JURB6006

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________---_ mobtykur

I agree with you, at least the ousting of Bush would tell the world that we
disapprove. I don't see how people can approve, they must have a pretty warped
perspective on reality.

I was thinking of saying that this is not the right forum, but perhaps EVERY
forum is the right forum for something of this import. Now we can expect two
things as sure as the sun will rise, more animosity from other nations and
peoples, and the draft will have to come back.

Get your kids' eyes off the screen and scroll down_________

______

The mother****ers running this world are just that, only their puppets are
stoooooooooopid. Yes, Bush is ****ing stooooooooopid. Probably a third of US
citizens are stooooooooopid. Although Bush is a mother****er, but he's a
stoooooopid one, although he's greedy, doesn't care about the people and is a
traitor, the ones that pull his strings are the real mother****ers.

OK I made a lame attempt to warn of this language, but I can think of no other
word to describe certain people.

JURB
Old November 10th 04, 03:48 AM
gaffo

JURB6006 wrote:

[...]

what? no reichtious anger from the "net nannys"?........and to think I
was blasted for a long anti-bu$hler sig.............

amazing...........

--
If the jury feels the law is unjust, we recognize the undisputed power
of the jury to acquit, even if its verdict is contrary to the law as

4th Circuit Court of Appeals, United States v. Moylan, 1969

[The jury has an] unreviewable and irreversible power...to acquit in
disregard of the instructions on the law given by the trial judge...The
pages of history shine on instances of the jury's exercise of its
prerogative to disregard uncontradicted evidence and instructions of the
judge; for example, acquittals under the fugitive slave law.

D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, Unites States v. Dougherty, 1972

It is not only [the juror's] right, but his duty...to find the verdict
according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience,
though in direct opposition to the directionof the court.

John Adams, 1771

......it is usual for the jurors to decide the fact, and to refer the law
arising on it to the decision of the judges. But this division of the
subject lies with their discretion only. And if the question relate to
any point of public liberty, or if it be one of those in which the
judges may be suspected of bias, the jury undertake to decide both law
and fact.

Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia," 1782

It is presumed, that juries are the best judges of facts; it is, on the
other hand,presumed that courts are the best judges of law. But still
both objects are within your power of decision.....you have a right to
take it upon yourselves to judge of both,and to determine the law as
well as the fact in controversy.

Chief Justice John Jay, Georgia v. Brailsford, 1794

Jurors should acquit, even against the judge's instruction...if
exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear
conviction that the charge of the court is wrong.

Alexander Hamilton, 1804

The jury has the power to bring a verdict in the teeth of both the law
and the facts.

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Horning v. District of Columbia, 1920
Old November 10th 04, 04:12 AM
keith

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:48:11 +0000, gaffo wrote:

what? no reichtious anger from the "net nannys"?........and to think I
was blasted for a long anti-bu$hler sig.............

amazing...........

No, it's time to let the sniveling loons whine. They've been proven to be
the impotent losers they've always been (and will be).

....and you could trim your posts, luser.

--
Keith

Old November 10th 04, 12:42 PM
George Macdonald

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:48:11 GMT, gaffo wrote:

JURB6006 wrote:

snip of rant

what? no reichtious anger from the "net nannys"?........and to think I
was blasted for a long anti-bu$hler sig.............

amazing...........

Are you really so thick you can't appreciate the difference?... hardly
surprising I suppose, when you can't even recognize a nanny when you see
them. You *repeatedly* posted your propaganda boilerplate under the
pretense of a sig, within the context of a thread with bona fide NG
content. This poor bugger is just ****ing into the wind and hoping he
won't get err, wet.

more boilerplate

Rgds, George Macdonald