MSI DVDRW and HD Burn ?

Old June 4th 04, 03:17 PM
Andy100

Default MSI DVDRW and HD Burn ?

I just bought an MSI DR8-A DVD burner, i didn't notice at the time, but when
i installed it i noted on the box that it has HD Burn, which i'd never heard
of. Apparently i can fit 1.4Gb onto a standard 700mb CDR.

But how ???, there are no instructions on how to do this. I use Nero6, can
it be done in that ?. I tried to drag 1.2Gb of stuff in Nero to test it, but
Nero just says not enough room on CDR. So how is it done ???

I'm very surprised the kit didn't come with instructions (other than how to
install) !

Cheers
Andy

Old June 6th 04, 05:33 AM
mitchd

see http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hd...igy.com&rnum=8

You must select whether it is to be a CD, DVD, or
HD-Burn from the drop down menu in the very upper left corner of the
New
Composition window.

If not see if there is a firmware upgrade for your unit.

Good luck

Old June 6th 04, 08:52 AM
Andy100

Cheers Mitchd, i've just found it !!!

Thanks
Andy

"mitchd" wrote in message
om...
see

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hd...n&ie=UTF-8&c2c
off=1&selm=3imhc.24808%24v52.13576%40newssvr27.new s.prodigy.com&rnum=8

Old June 13th 04, 05:13 PM
DaveB

are you having a good rate of sucess copying dvds...the reason i ask is that
i have the same writer and if i try to burn at 4 speed, i get blocks on
screen and also "sticking".
Im using RITEK DATASAFE now.....

If i burn at double speed then all is fine.

Dave

Old June 15th 04, 05:08 PM
Andy100

Haven't noticed that yet, i seem to be ok burning at 4X with RiDisc 4X media
(purple) and they are only £7 for 25 !!

Cheers
Andy

"Andy100" wrote in message
I just bought an MSI DR8-A DVD burner, i didn't notice at the time, but

when
i installed it i noted on the box that it has HD Burn, which i'd never

heard
of. Apparently i can fit 1.4Gb onto a standard 700mb CDR.

But how ???, there are no instructions on how to do this. I use Nero6,

can
it be done in that ?. I tried to drag 1.2Gb of stuff in Nero to test it,

but
Nero just says not enough room on CDR. So how is it done ???

I'm very surprised the kit didn't come with instructions (other than how

install) !

Cheers
Andy

Question About My Plextor DVDRW Drive clint General 1 January 9th 05 02:54 PM
Nero & DVDRW General 7 October 7th 04 02:50 AM
No audio device after installing DVDRW Dan C. Overclocking 0 July 7th 04 02:24 AM
Nero and Burn speeds Nelson Wilbury Cdr 3 May 14th 04 07:45 PM
CDRW/DVD or DVDRW Help A Newbie Make A Decision!! Michael Roback Homebuilt PC's 6 November 23rd 03 10:14 AM