HotSpot not working for my Laptop?

Old February 13th 15, 12:14 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default HotSpot not working for my Laptop?

I have a Dell XPS 8500 running Win7 64bit with Comcast.net Internet Connection.
I have a Dell E1505 Laptop. I normally connect my Laptop to the Internet via
Dell HotSpot feature. Have worked fine for a long time, but today, the Laptop
is not connecting. HotSpot is on, I go to Control Panel and look at Network
Connection and my HotSpot is listed as running. But, the Laptop list HotSpot as
the Internet connection, but then says "No Internet connection"! What could be
the problem and how do I resolve it?

BTW - I do not have a Router, just the HotSpot connection on the Desktop for my
Laptop.

Thanks for any insights.
Old February 13th 15, 12:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 6:14:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have a Dell XPS 8500 running Win7 64bit with Comcast.net Internet Connection.
I have a Dell E1505 Laptop. I normally connect my Laptop to the Internet via
Dell HotSpot feature. Have worked fine for a long time, but today, the Laptop
is not connecting. HotSpot is on, I go to Control Panel and look at Network
Connection and my HotSpot is listed as running. But, the Laptop list HotSpot as
the Internet connection, but then says "No Internet connection"! What could be
the problem and how do I resolve it?

BTW - I do not have a Router, just the HotSpot connection on the Desktop for my
Laptop.

Thanks for any insights.

Is laptop in airplane mode (WiFi off)?
Old February 13th 15, 01:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:23:16 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa wrote:

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 6:14:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have a Dell XPS 8500 running Win7 64bit with Comcast.net Internet Connection.
I have a Dell E1505 Laptop. I normally connect my Laptop to the Internet via
Dell HotSpot feature. Have worked fine for a long time, but today, the Laptop
is not connecting. HotSpot is on, I go to Control Panel and look at Network
Connection and my HotSpot is listed as running. But, the Laptop list HotSpot as
the Internet connection, but then says "No Internet connection"! What could be
the problem and how do I resolve it?

BTW - I do not have a Router, just the HotSpot connection on the Desktop for my
Laptop.

Thanks for any insights.

Is laptop in airplane mode (WiFi off)?

Thanks for the reply - how do I check that and I will get back to you with the
answer. Where do you turn Wifi on and off?
Old February 13th 15, 01:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 7:16:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Fn+F2 I believe doing that combination toggles it on/off.
Old February 13th 15, 02:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:44:49 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

[...]

Thanks - the letters Fn, is that just pressing and holding the letters f & n,
and then hitting F2? Also, do I do that on the Desktop or Laptop?

Thanks again!
Old February 13th 15, 03:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 8:07:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Thanks - the letters Fn, is that just pressing and holding the letters f & n,
and then hitting F2? Also, do I do that on the Desktop or Laptop?

Thanks again!

The Fn (function) key is next to Ctrl key lower left. Hold down FN and press F2.
Old February 13th 15, 05:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:16:44 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa wrote:

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 8:07:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Thanks - the letters Fn, is that just pressing and holding the letters f & n,
and then hitting F2? Also, do I do that on the Desktop or Laptop?

Thanks again!

The Fn (function) key is next to Ctrl key lower left. Hold down FN and press F2.

Got it! I will try it tomorrow and let you know what happens.
Old February 15th 15, 07:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:16:44 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa wrote:

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 8:07:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Thanks - the letters Fn, is that just pressing and holding the letters f & n,
and then hitting F2? Also, do I do that on the Desktop or Laptop?

Thanks again!

The Fn (function) key is next to Ctrl key lower left. Hold down FN and press F2.

It appears the problem is not with the Laptop, but with Hotspot.exe. When I
start Hotspot.exe, it starts up, but if I go to Control Panel and look at
Networks, it shows it there, but shows up there, but the Access Type is shown as
"No network access". What could cause that to happen, it was working fine until
a few days ago?

Thanks