Drivers for ATI Radeon 7500 card ?

Old November 10th 03, 04:33 PM
Richard Cox

Default Drivers for ATI Radeon 7500 card ?

* I'm posting again, I do not see my post anywhere on the newsgroup *
seems it didn't get posted.

Hello there,

Yesterday I tried to install the latest ATI drivers on my cousin's ATI
Radeon card- which is the 7500 series.

I went to ATI's site, did the usual thing,

find drives, clicked XP for the OS, then the Radeon family,
then took the latest and ONLY drivers they have listed there.

There is no info about what actual cards the drivers support.

I'm puzzled. After downloading these drivers and installing them,
- upon reboot the computer screen was completely screwed up - the
video was unreadable, and the screen was scrolling like an old TV
screen.

I rebooted into safe mode, and uninstalled the drivers.

Any clue to what I did wrong ?

Before installing these drivers, I downloaded the latest MMC ( version
8.7 I think it was) - I chose the latest one, - installed that, then
installed the Remote software for remote control, - version 2.1

it told me the Remote 21. software could not run because video card
drivers were outdated, so it was at this point that i downloaded the
latest video drivers - ran those, and the problem arose that i
describe above.

Any help is much appreciated.

Richard.

Old November 10th 03, 05:50 PM
Richard Cox

Hmm...
Is that possible to have set as default ??

I just seleted the software for download, and when it had finished
downloading, I just opened and installed it, - there was never a box
that popped up asking me to select any type of install ..... ie. ntsc
or pal ....

any help appreciated.

Richard.

Old November 10th 03, 11:08 PM
David T. Metz

Richard Cox skriblede:
Hmm...
Is that possible to have set as default ??

I just seleted the software for download, and when it had finished
downloading, I just opened and installed it, - there was never a box
that popped up asking me to select any type of install ..... ie. ntsc
or pal ....

any help appreciated.

The MMC 8.x does not support cards prior to the Radeon 9xxx series without
a purchase:
http://www.ati.com/products/multimediacenter/faq.html#6

And the Remote wonder 2.1 needs at least MMC 8.5:
http://www.ati.com/support/products/...derdriver.html

David

--
Fix Outlook Express så det citerer ordentligt:
http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/

Old November 11th 03, 12:59 AM
patrickp

[...]

Richard, before you installed the new drivers, did you first uninstall the
MMC software and then the control panel and display drivers you had loaded?
Also, did you ensure that you had DirectX 9.x and Windows Media Encoder 9.0
installed?

In addition, many people (myself included) would recommend you do a good
system clean before changing drivers/software; ATi's uninstall routines,
like those of some other software and hardware providers, leave much to be
desired. Even after an uninstall you'll still find a slew of registry
entries and files on your system that should have been removed.

Incidentally, I presume that if you're trying to install MMC, your cousin's
is an AIW or a VIVO card?

patrickp