My telephone rings start my computer? How to avoid this?

Old June 13th 04, 08:18 AM
Tim

Hi,
Try this: In the control panel, open System, Hardware tab, Device Manager,
locate your modem in the tree.
Double click on the modem and there should be a Power tab with an option to
enable / disable Wake on Ring - may be labled something else EG "Allow this
device to bring the computer out of Standby".
- Tim

"Raymond H." wrote in message
Hello,
I have a 56Ko modem that start my computer when my phone ring. I don't
want the ring to start my computer.
I know where to change my parameters in my BIOS: put 'ModemRingOn' =
Desabled. But all the setting in my BIOS are blocked. How to free them
(the
lines in my BIOS)?
Here items of my computer and especially of my mother board.
Thank you in advance.
Raymond H.

My computer:
MotherBoard MB,Jasper GA-8SMMLP,V2.1 SIS650GX,SDRAM,W/AGP
CPU Intel P4-2.40Ghz,512K 400MHZ FSB
Memory PC133 256MB SDRAM Apacer #71.85350.11A ( x 2)
Hard Drive IDE 7200RPM 80G U100 WD800BB
CD Rom CDRW, 48X16X48 Benq CRW4816P ,Black
CD Rom DVD, Benq 16x DVP 1648A blk w/software & cable
Floppy Drive FD, 1.44, SAMSUNG, SFD-321B/LNEC ,Grey
Modems MODEM,56K Soft Modem Amigo AMICA52
Chassis CASE, F-Y Cicero Chassis ,W/bezel,FT I/O, Black
Power Supplies PS, Enhance 300 Watt Power Supply
Mouse MOUSE, KYE PS/2 Optical Mouse, Silver for OEM
Key Board KB,FRENCH BLACK CHICONY INTERNET, KWD-855
Speakers SPK, CA-2014, 2 speakers set, Black
Operating Systems OS,WIN XP HOME ED FRENCH MANUAL/COA ONLY
Operating Systems OS RCD WIN XP Home SP1 Cicero, V1.5, French
Business Suites BS, MS Home Suite 2003, French
Warranty 1 Year Desktop Depot Limited Warranty

Old June 13th 04, 05:15 PM
Muttley

Try pressing the CTRL and F1 keys together at the main BIOS menu.
This enables access to hidden advanced BIOS options on many of the latest
model Gigabyte motherboards.

John S.

Old June 14th 04, 06:12 AM
Raymond H.