Screen Scrolling Out of Control

Old February 25th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matt

Default Screen Scrolling Out of Control

Hey guys. I had a bit of an accident over the weekdn and spilt some
blackcurrent juice on the bottom section of my keyboard. I got round
to cleaning it up earlier tonight by taking the back cover off my
keyboard and removing the keys so I could give it a thorough clean.

Then problem is that since then my screen starts scrolling up,then
down, then up, then down etc. in rapid succession, and it's completly
ouside of my control.

The scroll is only usually a few lines, so it's not thw page up or
page down button that's doing it, it's almost like I'm scrolling the
mouse wheel.

Is their anything I can do to solve this annoying problem. Is it
definately the keyboard? Sadly I don't have a backup keyboard to try.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Boulton
Old February 26th 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matt

IIRC citric acid is conductive. Disassemble it again and use compressed air
to blow it out. If that fails then as a last resort immerse it in distilled
water blow out again, shake out any water and let dry for several days to
one week.

Thanks, I'll give that a go if the problem comes back.

Basically by removing my left arrow key (which wasn't fitting back
onto the keyboard properly) the problem has gone away.

Kind Regards,

Matt