HP Cartidge "Install by" dates

Old July 21st 05, 11:23 PM
NightOwl

Default HP Cartidge "Install by" dates

Hi Group,

I understand that a class action is about to start or has started regarding
this.

However, my son has asked how to get by an "out of ink" message from a
printer which has still has a half volume of ink remaining by visual
inspection.

Can this message safely be ignored?

If not is there a workaround?

TIA

NightOwl

Old July 22nd 05, 08:56 AM
CWatters

"NightOwl" wrote in message
Hi Group,

I understand that a class action is about to start or has started

regarding
this.

However, my son has asked how to get by an "out of ink" message from a
printer which has still has a half volume of ink remaining by visual
inspection.

Can this message safely be ignored?

I don't believe all HP printers have this date issue - my old HP doesn't. I
believe HP have said they will give you a new cart if the date expires
before the ink is used but I might be wrong.

Ideally print heads should never be allowed to dry out or they can become
blocked. However that's not a problem if you have a printer that has the
heads built into the cart. Just keep going until it stops printing. Any
problem and you can always buy a new cart.

If you have a printer with the heads built into the printer not the cart
then more care is needed. You probably can continue until the ink runs out
BUT you best replace the cart INSTANTLY it does so and then do a reprime.
Don't wait half an hour and certainly don't leave it empty while you go and
buy a new cart.