Presario 7360 PSU found set to 230v

Old January 28th 04, 08:56 AM
gawderho

Default Presario 7360 PSU found set to 230v

I'm trying to figure out the damage that possibly resulted when this rig was
powered up with the red button set to 230 volts. It was brought to us by a
mother. Could the CPU be fried or more likely the Power Supply?......Ram,
Motherboard also.......any ideas from past experiences or stories of
likewise situation would be greatly appreciated......her children are
anxious to get their computer back........I know,....kids can ruin things
quicker than a blink...

All ideas welcomed!

Old January 28th 04, 01:48 PM
HH

Normally if a supply is set to 230 and hooked to 110, little, if any damage
occurs, unless it is switched while on..The other way around, big problem.
Will it power up at all? Details?

HH

Old January 28th 04, 07:55 PM
gawderho

HH, It will not boot up. But the power switch green light comes on and the
cdrom light flashes. There is no hard drive action is what my friend just
told me. Should I get the processor and ram checked first?

Thank You for your Help

. net...

Old January 28th 04, 08:32 PM
gawderho

Okay HH, will do. I'll let you know the outcome........thanks again for your
help!
"HH" wrote in message
. net...
...And the hard disk.
HH

"gawderho" wrote in message
HH, It will not boot up. But the power switch green light comes on and

the
cdrom light flashes. There is no hard drive action is what my friend

just
told me. Should I get the processor and ram checked first?

Thank You for your Help

. net...