Acer Aspire 1524

Old January 7th 09, 05:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Alain Dekker

Default Acer Aspire 1524

I don't know if this newsgroup is checked regularly or not, but I wanted to
know if it was possible to get a updated graphics card for this laptop. The
64Mb version I currently have is starting to look a bit old.

Any recommendations? Can a tech-svvy, but not expert, person do the upgrade
themselves?

Thanks,
Alain

Old January 7th 09, 08:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

Upgrading the graphics chip on a notebook is not possible on the vast
majority of notebooks since it is integrated on the mainboard. And on those
high end notebooks with a separate card, it seldom is possible to swap out
cards. I'd say forget it.

HH

Old February 8th 09, 11:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Alain Dekker

Thanks, I got separate advice from Acer directly which exactly matched that
advice. Bad news, but I guess that "progress"...

Regards,
Alain

news:XuqdnSyvVtlIk_jUnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...

Old February 21st 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

"Alain Dekker" wrote in message
Thanks, I got separate advice from Acer directly which exactly matched
that advice. Bad news, but I guess that "progress"...

Regards,
Alain

If Acer ever upgraded the video for that model you can probably replace the
system board. Not a cheap part and not an easy job. Still, might be worth
investigating.