max RAM for Asus P5E

Old May 28th 08, 05:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.sys.intel

Default max RAM for Asus P5E

Have anyone been able to run E8400 on Asus P5E with 4x2 GB DDR2 RAM like the
Kingston's at 800 MHz? or would it just run it at 667 MHz?

I am at least a bit out of my territory if not ignorant when coming to match
CPU, RAM and Main boards.

I am looking for a main board with at least 6 SATA connection capable of 2
Arrays of Raid 5, preferably with more SATA connection like one E-SATA...
or is there another more reliable board with for SATA connections and
better memory capacity at DDR2 800MHZ?

I like the 800MHZ DDR2 as it is inexpensive, widely available
and not bleeding edge. I pick Intel E8400 again because it seem cheap at
$219 in
comparison with others while Q93xx and Q94XX seem to be bleeding edge priced

Again P5E was chosen just because it has 6 SATA connection for RAID 5 and
priced around $160 instead of some others at $260. But if I have to, I
will pay the price to be able to get full 8GB at full speed of 800 Mhz as
long it does not involve the expensive and not so easy to source DDR-3
memory

P5E also seem to offer some Overclocking ability. ( I only look to OC only
if I get the stability and the RAM running full speed)

your experience sharing is much appreciated

Old June 21st 08, 05:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.sys.intel
Core2Duo

Yes, Kingston 8GB ECC RAM running at 800MHz very stable w/ Intel E8400 CPU.
ie. 2 sets of KVR800D2E5K2/4G

Running both cores at 100% for weeks on end for SETI project.

Use the memory selector at kingston.com to select the right RAM for the P5E.

Old June 25th 08, 08:04 AM
tontan tontan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core2Duo View Post
Yes, Kingston 8GB ECC RAM running at 800MHz very stable w/ Intel E8400 CPU.
ie. 2 sets of KVR800D2E5K2/4G

Running both cores at 100% for weeks on end for SETI project.

Use the memory selector at kingston.com to select the right RAM for the P5E.
Pretty tough huh? 8gb RAM is really great. But there are also times that even if the price is slightly high it's just worth it and you won't have regrets in the end.