Lost Partition/Data - Recovery? Partition? Filenames?

Old February 2nd 05, 01:11 AM
dave

Default Lost Partition/Data - Recovery? Partition? Filenames?

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening etc...

I write still in the throes of total despair...The partition on my
external Maxtor Hard Drive where I store the "My Documents" folder has
just had the hardware equivalent of a hiccough and is now appearing as
"h:new volume". Wonderful. So that's 65Gb of Music, Photos and
Documents from Work and College down the bloody Suwannee...Unless
[INSERT ADVICE]

Can I recover my data? Nothing has been written to the "new"
partition. I have enough space on the other 3 drives to transfer the
data across should it be found. If indeed the data can be found WILL
THE FILES STILL HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL FILENAMES??? Or do these get
replaced by any recovery software i.e. I decided to panic-purchase the
program "Recover my files" found on http://www.recovermyfiles.com/ and
it is now up an running, searching for the data. [has anyone used this
software and can it do what I seek?]

The thoughts of having 45,000 files without their filenames chills
me...in that case I may as well let the data stay lost!!!

Can I reconstruct the original file structure and filenames. [please
say yes...a qualified one would do!]

Does anyone have any constructive advice, anecdotal or practical? I
would appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks

Dave

Hardwa Maxtor One Touch 250Gb partitioned into 2 partitions. The
first one is working fine. THe second is the bugger... The other
drives are 2 internal western digital 80 Gb drives. Have never had any
problems with them.
Old February 7th 05, 05:37 PM
That guy.

Get Data Back worked well for me. Though the filenames were changed. And the files within the original
folders were often mixed up.

om...