Driver for an FM56I-LU modem (56k ?)

Old September 11th 03, 06:56 PM
Bill Jillians

Default Driver for an FM56I-LU modem (56k ?)

I just got a second hand machine which had a modem in it. Sadly the
drivers weren't present so I've had to find them. The modem has a
product code "FM56I-LU". Now I found that AOPEN make the FM56 range of
modems. But no matter how I searched I couldn't find any dedicated
driver for that particular modem. The closest was a FM56-ITU but it
wasn't any good. I also ran the product code through Yahoo and Google
.... they both came up with ZERO hits.

I tried all the drivers that were available for other FM56 series modems
and none of them worked. I tried the standard modem drivers in Win98
and none of them worked either.

Does anyone please have a clue how I can get this modem to work ???

Many thanks for reading this and for replying, if you choose to do so.

BJ

PS. I suppose it might be FM561-LU but frankly I think that is doubtful
although I didn't think of running that through Google at the time.

--
"Oh, all that I know, there's nothing here to run from, cos everyone here has
somebody here to lean on!" Coldplay. WEB http://users.pgen.net/bill.jillians

Old September 13th 03, 07:33 AM
kony

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:56:57 +0100, Bill Jillians "\"Bill
wrote:

[...]

Ignore the model number then and focus on the chipset... pull the
modem and write down the manufacturer and other markings on the
primary (large) chip and any others of significant size. Put those
into a search engine or post 'em here.

Dave

Old September 15th 03, 06:11 PM
Bill Jillians

Quietly we read , unable to contain our
credulity we realized that Bill Jillians "\"Bill
said this:
[...]

As suggested these are the main chips in the modem.

Lucent 1034AH-J
and
Lucent 1646T00 which has a sticker over it CTR-21.

I hope that means more to anybody than it means to me.

BJ

Old September 16th 03, 08:44 AM
kony

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:11:20 +0100, Bill Jillians "\"Bill
wrote:

PS. I suppose it might be FM561-LU but frankly I think that is doubtful
although I didn't think of running that through Google at the time.

As suggested these are the main chips in the modem.

Lucent 1034AH-J
and
Lucent 1646T00 which has a sticker over it CTR-21.

I hope that means more to anybody than it means to me.

BJ

Lucent modem chipsets are now named "agere" and have combined multiple
model support into a single download he
http://www.agere.com/support/client/modem_driver2.html

The current version is 8.30, so the file is named similarly to
"modem830.exe". You might find several other, older versions of the
Agere/Lucent drivers, using same filename format "modem[nnn].exe"
he http://www.modem-drivers.com/companies/609.htm

Dave

Dial up modem problem Richard Freeman General 21 September 22nd 03 05:50 AM
Modem speed terry General 5 September 3rd 03 01:40 AM
zoom 56k modem Jim Turner General 0 August 28th 03 02:34 PM
Modem won't hang up any more! Chief Thracian General 6 August 19th 03 02:23 AM
Westell DSL Modem and Windows XP John McGaw General 3 August 14th 03 07:51 PM