EMC PowerPath licensing.

Old May 22nd 07, 12:44 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
DKVIKING007

Default EMC PowerPath licensing.

Hello.

I have spend some time on the phone with EMC this morning without
really getting anywhere with my question.

I am costumer to a facilitation service where a facilitation provider
looks after a lot of my servers. the servers are all connected to a
EMC SAN owned by the supplier. Due to the agreement we have made, I am
to cover the fees for connecting my servers to their EMC SAN.

One of these costs are of course the PowerPath licenses. So far the
supplier has been issuing a couple of licenses each time I have added
a new server to the mix. My thinking is now whether there is some type
of site-license, enterprise-license, 100 licenses in a pack offerings
available. Buying them one at a time is quite expensive, especially
when I expect to have about 3-400 cpu's attached.

brgds

/c

Old May 23rd 07, 03:14 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Sivakanth Mundru

On Tue, 22 May 2007, DKVIKING007 wrote:

Hello.

I have spend some time on the phone with EMC this morning without
really getting anywhere with my question.

Which city are you in?

I am costumer to a facilitation service where a facilitation provider
looks after a lot of my servers. the servers are all connected to a
EMC SAN owned by the supplier. Due to the agreement we have made, I am
to cover the fees for connecting my servers to their EMC SAN.

One of these costs are of course the PowerPath licenses. So far the
supplier has been issuing a couple of licenses each time I have added
a new server to the mix. My thinking is now whether there is some type
of site-license, enterprise-license, 100 licenses in a pack offerings
available. Buying them one at a time is quite expensive, especially
when I expect to have about 3-400 cpu's attached.

There should be some sort of enterprise licensing available. If you can
send me an email/contact info off the newsgroup, with an approx number of
servers etc, I will do my best to get you in touch with some one who can advise you
better. I am not into presales, thats why I need to put you in touch with
some one who is there.

brgds

/c