overclocking info needed...

Old July 17th 03, 03:31 PM

Default overclocking info needed...

I've just bought and built a new pc consisting of:

Asus A7N6X Deluxe m/b
AMD Athlon 2500 Barton cpu with AMD fan and heatsink
Antec case and 340w psu
512Mb Crucial pc2700 DDR ram (2 x 256Mb)
Maxtor Diamond max 120Gb SATA h/d
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro AGP card 128mb
Windoze XP os

I'd like to know how far I can probably overclock/overbus this system?

I also have 3 extra fans in the case (one top rear, one bottom front, and
one in side panel opposite AGP card) to keep cooling under control, so
ventilation shouldn't be a problem.

My system is currently running at the default 2500, but what changes to
the bios settings do you recommend.

Eg: what clock frequency should I set?
what memory settings?
what core voltage?
what AGP aperture size?

Etc, etc...

I have already d/l'd and installed the utilities (Radlinker) to overclock
the ATI card, and its running nicely.

I've installed Win XP and Directx9 and thats running smoothly too.

BTW, I've built and overclocked my last two systems, so I'm not
inexperienced or afraid to push the system a bit..

Any advice would be appreciated, thanx...

*Peter*
Old July 17th 03, 08:21 PM
Lee

I would start by upping the multiplier and keep going util you find the
max clock speed the processor core will go then you know the max speed
you can do. Now i would start upping the fsb until you get as close as
possible to the processors max core capability which you wrote down. Of
course you would test stability for each of these adjustments 8)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:31:53 +0000 (UTC),
had the will to write:

[...]

----
Lee

6800 Ultra overclocking - XFX? PNY? eVGA? BFG? Marc Brown General 2 September 29th 04 04:50 PM
Please help with upgrade info James General 3 August 6th 04 09:21 PM
Looking for some medium-to-extreme overclocking advice Cyde Weys General 4 July 2nd 04 04:03 AM
First overclocking attempts - General 7 December 14th 03 06:30 PM
KM2M / overclocking Foglerman Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 30th 03 08:09 AM