How do I Quick Restore from D:\

Old September 10th 03, 02:44 PM
Gene

Default How do I Quick Restore from D:\

I need to restore a Presario 7000 to the factory installation. I do not
have a Quick Restore CD. How can this be done? Is it possible to created a
startupdisk with a batch file that would access the proper file on the D:
drive where all the restore files are located? Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Gene

Old September 10th 03, 04:16 PM
Euc1id

My current Presario model (S4020WM) has a shortcut to allow creation of a
set of backup CDs that points to:
"C:\WINDOWS\CREATOR\CD Creator.exe"
So you might look for something like that on your machine. Otherwise I'd ask
HP/Compaq tech support. Try their email support first. Their website is
impossible, in general, IMHO, can't find anything...
--
Euc1id

news

Old September 10th 03, 06:23 PM
Gene

Noone knows where the Recovery CD, which shipped with the PC, is located.
The Compaq support on the computer is gone. The computer was riddled with
viri that corrupted 335 exe files. I managed to find the file that launches
the Quick Restore by searching *restore*.* The problem is that it requires
the CD even though the restore files are located on D: I know some of the
Compaqs running Win98 could be restored by downloading a softpaq the created
a 3.5" floppy that launched the Quick Restore off of the D: drive. I have
not found this capability with the Presario 7000 running ME.

Can a floppy to lauch the D: restore files be created?

"HH" wrote in message
Look for a Compaq support icon or off the Start menu, or the Recovery CD
which shipped with the PC. Any of these has a Restore option.
HH

news

Old September 10th 03, 08:23 PM
Gene

That is what I did. Thanks for trying to help.
Gene

.. .

"HH" wrote in message
Look for a Compaq support icon or off the Start menu, or the Recovery

CD
which shipped with the PC. Any of these has a Restore option.
HH

news I need to restore a Presario 7000 to the factory installation. I