GoToMyC or LogMeIn

Old June 25th 08, 01:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
t8769

Default GoToMyC or LogMeIn

I'm using the free version of LogMeIn, which works great, but is a
little fuzzy. I have fast Broadband/Wifi access.. so no problem,
there, and both pcs are fast.

I wonderf if Gotmypc is better, faster, or has a clearer image.. or if
the paid for version of logmein is better.

I don't need any special features, the free version works great, its
jut that the image is a little fuzzy, and not as easy to read.

thanks
Old June 25th 08, 01:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christoper Muto

gotomy pc is a little bit faster than logmein but it is not free. both are
excellent products.
your 'fuzzzy' image problem with logmein may well be the same with gotomypc.
it is a problem of scalling the image of the remote computer to fit the
local computer. if the remote computer has a larger or more high resolution
screen than the local computer you can experiance this problem. i suggest
that you try sizing the image to full screen (no menus displayed) or the
other image adjustments available to see if the image becomes aceptable.

Old June 25th 08, 06:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:18:47 -0700 (PDT), t8769
wrote:

I'm using the free version of LogMeIn, which works great, but is a
little fuzzy. I have fast Broadband/Wifi access.. so no problem,
there, and both pcs are fast.

I wonderf if Gotmypc is better, faster, or has a clearer image.. or if
the paid for version of logmein is better.

I don't need any special features, the free version works great, its
jut that the image is a little fuzzy, and not as easy to read.

thanks

Interesting ... I am going to check out LogMeIn. I'd like to access
my Mac from a PC from within my apartment, and would also like to
access my Mac or PC from a laptop remotely.

I think that's possible with Remote Desktop but forwarding ports, etc.
is confusing. Real VNC is supposed to allow access to my Mac from a
PC, but I have to pay to get the Enterprise version.

This ramble was intended mainly hoping someone would clue me in on
something I am missing that would make what I want to do easy.
Old June 25th 08, 06:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

logmein and gotomypc are very expensive options, paying $20/month per
computer
that's rediculous

try looking at pcanywhere or radmin, or any of the other "pay once"
programs.
the main difference is you're paying them for using their proxy service
to help make the connection bypassing any firewalls, and any idiot could
do it, doesnt require any setup in your router.
not worth $20/month in my opinion.

i rather pay $40 for life.
jay

Old June 25th 08, 08:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:15:25 -0400, "Christoper Muto"
wrote:

logmein is $0 per month and runs as either host or client on either windows
pc or macs.

I'll check it out within the next week or so and post my results here.
I was going to pay for Real VNC Enterprise (which has the PC to Mac
connectivity), but it sounds like it's worth checking out LogMeIn.
Old June 25th 08, 09:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
alien

wrote:

logmein is $0 per month and runs as either host or client on either
windows
pc or macs.

I'll check it out within the next week or so and post my results here.
I was going to pay for Real VNC Enterprise (which has the PC to Mac
connectivity), but it sounds like it's worth checking out LogMeIn.

I use LogMeIn on 14 computers. Of those 14, 5 are LogMeIn Pro who's most
used feature by me is the unlimited size drag and drop file transfer. Pro
also has remote sound and printing and a lot of other features. Both Pro
and the free version look very clear if you view it full screen. I paid
$199 for a years access for the 5 Pro machines. That's $3.33 per month per
machine. Not bad at all if you consider that you can access your machines
from any internet connected computer. And it's been very reliable for the
year I've been using it.

alien

Old June 26th 08, 01:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christoper Muto

wrote:

logmein is $0 per month and runs as either host or client on either
windows
pc or macs.

I'll check it out within the next week or so and post my results here.
I was going to pay for Real VNC Enterprise (which has the PC to Mac
connectivity), but it sounds like it's worth checking out LogMeIn.

this is another example of what i coined as you hijacking a thread. the op
asked about his/her issues with viewing a remote computer with logmein and
wondered if gotomypc was better... you turn this into your personal thread
about having remote access software on your mac. if this was really so
important to you then why didn't you start a thread on the subject yourself,
and in the appropriate group (not alt.sys.pc-clone.dell but some mac group).
it seems that you get distracted by whatever is blowing in the wind and then
try to grab on to it and make it your own. i won't even dignify your
questions with an answer. you should post to a mac forum for the many
alternative remote access software available for mac and the pros and cons.
or, as you often tell others, search google yourself to find the answer.
with all the self adulation posted about this group, let me point out the
adage that it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the basket.

Old June 26th 08, 04:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:12:17 -0400, "Christoper Muto"
wrote:

with all the self adulation posted about this group, let me point out the
adage that it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the basket.

Have a nice day :-)
Old June 26th 08, 04:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:48:48 -0500, "alien"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info. -- very useful to me and to others who might
benefit from LogMeIn. I'll check it out and post my results.