Latitude 1525, speakers

Old April 9th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
t8769

Default Latitude 1525, speakers

Just got this very nice machine, but the speakers sound terrible,
really really bad. Like an old transistor radio through a tin can.

The 6400 has wonderful speakers, loud and clear.

I'm wondering if its just my machine or other 1525s are like this.

Thanks

Old April 9th 08, 02:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"t8769" wrote in message
Just got this very nice machine, but the speakers sound terrible,
really really bad. Like an old transistor radio through a tin can.

The 6400 has wonderful speakers, loud and clear.

I'm wondering if its just my machine or other 1525s are like this.

Thanks

Don't know honestly. But since it is an entry level model, I suspect they
are all like that.

The good news: headphones or external speakers can be had pretty
inexpensively.

Truthfully, I've never seen a laptop with audio that made me happy.

Old April 9th 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"t8769" wrote in message
Just got this very nice machine, but the speakers sound terrible,
really really bad. Like an old transistor radio through a tin can.

The 6400 has wonderful speakers, loud and clear.

I'm wondering if its just my machine or other 1525s are like this.

Thanks

Don't know honestly. But since it is an entry level model, I suspect they
are all like that.

The good news: headphones or external speakers can be had pretty
inexpensively.

Truthfully, I've never seen a laptop with audio that made me happy.

PS: I assumed you meant "Inspiron 1525", not "Latitude 1525" since the
latter doesn't really exist.....

Old April 9th 08, 06:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Hi!

Truthfully, I've never seen a laptop with audio that made
me happy.

Have you tried a Latitude D800? The integral speakers are really
surprisingly good. They don't even distort at full volume.

William
Old April 9th 08, 06:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Hi!

Many laptops don't have very good speakers--and like Stew, I think you
have an Inspiron and not a Latitude. My guess would be that the
speakers aren't any better on other examples of the same model.

If portability isn't a big concern, you can get other speakers,
including some that are designed to go with laptops.

William
Old April 11th 08, 08:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
t8769

Sorry - its the Latitude not Inspiron (that's the desktop)

I do like the 1525, but the speakers are really really bad.

I put it next to the 1640, which has lovely loud, basey, speakers that
are great to listen to, it was suprising to see the difference. The
1640 has speakers that can be used as a stereo - almost.

Also I find the touch-sensitive buttons for music very difficult to
use.

I do like the 1525, a very nice machine, but am going to have to take
it back, as I like to listen to music on my laptop.

I don't understand why Dell would put such appauling speakers in an
expensive machine. My old laptop, which is 7 years old, has great
speakers, how much more would it cost to put in a pair of decent
spearks?

These sound like a cheap transistor radio from the 1970's.

Old April 11th 08, 08:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
t8769

Sorry - I meant 6400 - not 1640