Newly Installed 9600XT!!

Old January 31st 04, 01:54 AM
Ron

Default Newly Installed 9600XT!!

Well, just got my 9600XT installed with the Omega drivers. I have to
confess, I am a new convert from many nVidia cards that I've owned over the
years. I really do love this card. I just removed my GeForce 4 Ti4200 which
now gets passed on to my oldest son whose Radeon 9000 Pro now goes on to my
youngest son and his GF MX400 goes to my young daughter. But I've always
had the nVidia card. I have to admit, nVidia is going down now and ATI is
moving up. But one feature I've always liked about the GeForce cards and
their drivers was the abiltity to increase Color Vibrance via the display
tab advanced settings. Any of you former nVidi-ites out there know what I'm
talking about. Is there any way to increase the vibrance of color with
these ATI cards. While the color looks good, it still looks "washed out"
compared to the GF cards. Also, I never installed ATI's Catylyst drivers so
I have no point of reference to compare these Omega drivers, but they really
seem to work well. How do I use the 3D Prof app? Is there anyway to
determine just what the chip clock is supposed to be and what I can oc it
to? How bout the RAM? I thought this was supposed to get the RAM to 600 but
the 3D Prof won't let me go beyond 400MHz. Is this the 300x2 thingy? And if
I set the RAM clock to 400, I'm actually trying to push it to 800MHz total?
Is there a FAQ anywhere that can tell me what are the edge of the envelope
settings? Is there a program that can read exactly what specs your card is
running at for both core and memory? The old nVidia NG board was very
helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to sharing info within
this NG as well. TIA,

Ron

Old January 31st 04, 01:40 PM
dino

remember it is DDR...so multiply the figure by 2 and that will tell you what
it is at...did you get the Omegas to go in with the softmod?..if so which
ones?And yes the Omegas are "cleaner" the the stock ATI Cats...my only issue
is Mohha crashes now..but that is ever since I switched from my Ti4200 . (I
tried an FX5600-256)

Try AIDA32
http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

it is listed under display..GPU

Old January 31st 04, 02:42 PM
Ron

"dino" wrote in message
.. .
remember it is DDR...so multiply the figure by 2 and that will tell you

what
it is at...did you get the Omegas to go in with the softmod?..if so which
ones?And yes the Omegas are "cleaner" the the stock ATI Cats...my only

issue
is Mohha crashes now..but that is ever since I switched from my Ti4200 .

(I
tried an FX5600-256)

Try AIDA32
http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

it is listed under display..GPU

I just executed the Omega driver download. How can I tell if I have the
softmod enabled? Besides, I thought I read that was for 9800s and 9500s
only. What's this AIDA32 stuff?

Ron

Old January 31st 04, 03:56 PM
dino

AIDA32 is a sytem utility which will give you more information about your
system than you will ever need to know..in the Omegas it showed the middle
set of drivers as 9500-9700...I tried them but they didn't install properly
and registered my XT as a conflict..so I installed the first set of drivers

Old January 31st 04, 07:07 PM
Pluvious

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:54:30 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

||Well, just got my 9600XT installed with the Omega drivers.
|| But one feature I've always liked about the GeForce cards and
||their drivers was the abiltity to increase Color Vibrance via the display
||tab advanced settings. Any of you former nVidi-ites out there know what I'm
||talking about. Is there any way to increase the vibrance of color with
||these ATI cards. While the color looks good, it still looks "washed out"
||compared to the GF cards.
||Ron

Yes .. The DV with Nvidia was quite the awesome feature. It took me
weeks to get over the washed out almost 'black and white' look of not
having it when I switched to my ATI 9700 PRO. Here's a link to a 70
reply post that deals with this issue. http://tinyurl.com/2xxff
The Omega driver creater also weighs in at one point. It gets a
little heated because some people didn't think DV is all that great.

You might want to try a little free program called 3Deep
(http://www.colorific.com) that has a wizard that allows you to tune
your colors on the monitor. I've been able to tweak it and get
somewhat the same results as DV.. but its certainly not the same.

Pluvious