Alert message

Old May 11th 14, 02:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Larry[_12_]

Default Alert message

Recently my XPS 8500 has been giving me this message first after being turned on:

Alert: Previous attempts in booting this system have failed at check point (00AE)....

After the message that lasts a couple of seconds, the system boot up normally and seems to run fine.

Anyone know what this message might mean?

TIA

Larry
Old May 11th 14, 12:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Unquestionably Confused

On 5/10/2014 8:04 PM, Larry wrote:
Recently my XPS 8500 has been giving me this message first after being turned on:

Alert: Previous attempts in booting this system have failed at check point (00AE)....

After the message that lasts a couple of seconds, the system boot up normally and seems to run fine.

Anyone know what this message might mean?

Larry,

I learned (a bit late unfortunately) that the best way to track this
stuff down is to do a Google search on the error message.

Do it as a direct quote, just like this: "Alert: Previous attempts in
booting this system have failed at check point (00AE"

When I tried that, it didn't work due to the specificity of my request,
i.e. the (00AE so I dropped that and just ran it as "Alert: Previous
attempts in booting this system have failed at check point"

That returned a number of probable "hits", among them was this one:

Take a look at this one and some of the others and likely you'll have
the answer to your problem.

Old May 16th 14, 08:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Larry[_12_]

On Sunday, May 11, 2014 5:57:22 AM UTC-6, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply. I did google the message as you recommended before I posted the problem in this group. However, I did not find anything specific to the checkpoint (00AE) reference.

The message does not consistently appear when booting up and when it does it last for only a few seconds before it completes the booting process.

Other than the occasional alert message concerning checkpoint (00AE), the desktop seems to be working fine.

Larry

Pop Up Alert? Gobo Nvidia Videocards 6 January 27th 08 10:34 PM
Alert! System battery voltage is low. message Lee Harris General 5 November 23rd 05 12:17 PM
JUNK ALERT A8N-SLI Deluxe JUNK ALERT Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 32 August 4th 05 10:47 AM
GX1: Alert Message & Adding a New Hard Drive and Ram Darren Harris Dell Computers 3 January 14th 04 08:52 PM
ALERT- - Rid your PC of this message JAD Homebuilt PC's 0 June 24th 03 10:39 PM