Has MSI gone to crap?

Old December 31st 04, 07:56 PM

Default Has MSI gone to crap?

Got burned with 2 recent MSI motherboard purchases. Unfortunate
because that was my "go to" brand for non-AMD systems. Anyone else see
their quality go to ****? I noticed that they are now made in China
instead of Tawain.

Old January 1st 05, 01:32 AM
SurLyN

I am really interested in the responses on this subject. I am
currently waiting for the new NForce4 Ultra boards to come out by MSI.
Right now it is the only company with the Ultra version to be coming
out ( I am not really interested in SLI properties as I am an ATI
man).

Old January 1st 05, 03:52 AM
jacoby

My only MSI boards were slot A I bought three and two gave me problems.
Since I have been an Abit user for many years. But recently I have made the
switch to DFI. Motherboards are all they do. If you care about where stuff
comes from, DFI uses Japanese capacitors. Give them a look.

oups.com...

Old January 1st 05, 05:47 AM
Trent©

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:52:20 -0700, "jacoby"
wrote:

My only MSI boards were slot A I bought three and two gave me problems.
Since I have been an Abit user for many years. But recently I have made the
switch to DFI. Motherboards are all they do. If you care about where stuff
comes from, DFI uses Japanese capacitors. Give them a look.

wrote in message
roups.com...
Got burned with 2 recent MSI motherboard purchases. Unfortunate
because that was my "go to" brand for non-AMD systems. Anyone else see
their quality go to ****? I noticed that they are now made in China
instead of Tawain.

DFI makes an excellent board.

Have a nice one...

Trent©

Old January 2nd 05, 01:40 PM
Paul Trimble

Never had any problems with MSI boards using AMD Athlon & Sempron CPU's,
don't know about their Intel boards.

PT

"John Doe" wrote in message
Trent© wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 11:56:01 -0800, wrote:

Got burned with 2 recent MSI motherboard purchases. Unfortunate
because that was my "go to" brand for non-AMD systems. Anyone
else see their quality go to ****? I noticed that they are now
made in China instead of Tawain.

GO to ****?! They've always BEEN ****!!

Maybe for Intel?

Have a nice one...

Trent¸

From: Trent¸
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Has MSI gone to crap?
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 05:45:44 GMT

Old January 2nd 05, 04:37 PM
Ruel Smith

Paul Trimble wrote:

Never had any problems with MSI boards using AMD Athlon & Sempron CPU's,
don't know about their Intel boards.

Had one problem with one board. It was an Intel 925X based board. XP kept
losing the USB. I've read another post where someone had the very same
problem, and it was an MSI board as well.

The 68000 is better than AMD crap Carl Dau Overclocking AMD Processors 7 April 21st 04 06:34 PM
Wireless CRAP Noozer General 0 February 26th 04 09:55 AM
Are Kingston HyperX crap? Aloke Prasad Overclocking 4 September 21st 03 01:35 PM
ls120 vs crap floppy drive S.Heenan Homebuilt PC's 7 August 20th 03 06:01 PM