BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Old June 12th 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
flya150

Default BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Glad to hear someone is getting their computer. I ordered a 530XG customized
back on April 14th had 4 delay dates with the final being June 19. That's
when I cancelled. I reordered a few days later on May 26th. This time a 530s
configured exactly the same as the other one, and was given $326.00 off. I'm
not going to allow for any delys ths time around. I'll cancell again and
wait till they have thie shipping dates back to 2 weeks before I order
again. Good luck with your new computers guys.

Old June 13th 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

It arrived yesterday!

Unboxed it. Well packaged. Nice FX logos and black sleeves over the
component boxes. Processor has a nice "fit and finish". Label on the
back says assembled in the USA. All the wires (HD, VID, PWR) seem to
be tightly seated. I haven't had the opportunity to power it up yet...
sorry. Got a 3 and 4 year old running around and need to do that while
they're not around and curious!

So far, so good!

-j

On May 10, 8:55 am, jp wrote:
Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

Old June 13th 07, 02:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 13, 8:19 am, jp wrote:
It arrived yesterday!
Unboxed it. Well packaged. Nice FX logos and black sleeves over the
component boxes. Processor has a nice "fit and finish". Label on the
back says assembled in the USA. All the wires (HD, VID, PWR) seem to
be tightly seated. I haven't had the opportunity to power it up yet...
sorry. Got a 3 and 4 year old running around and need to do that while
they're not around and curious!
So far, so good!

I'm glad for you but wish it was me! I called again yesterday. Got the
same update but confusing because he told me an ETA of 6/22 but did
have that my previous call log said 6/15, so he tells be it might come
between 6/15 and 6/22. surprised he didn't average the dates or
something. I expressed my frustrations with inconsistent reasons for
delays on every call and that this is affecting my family vacation out
of state next month. then he suggests I might want to make contingency
plans just in case??? I didn't call the ERT yet. At this point don't
want more bad news and any offer to cancel is just going to **** me
off more. There is a Dell special running today on the XPS 410 that I
can configure the same with a 22" wide LCD but minus the TV Tuner card
and part of warranty duration for almost the same price. But I'm
concerned out features lon the XPS 410 ike the lower wattage power
supply and the motherboard doesn't support SLI graphics like the FX530
if I want that at a later lime. I'm really temped though out of
frustration.

Old June 14th 07, 10:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
carlkeehn

ups.com...

On May 10, 8:55 am, jp wrote:
Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

I'm glad to hear that your ordeal is over. I hope that you find the wait
was worth it. good luck

Old June 15th 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

It starts and runs. No issues so far. Got to figure out VISTA.

So far, so good.

On May 10, 8:55 am, jp wrote:
Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

I'm glad to hear that your ordeal is over. I hope that you find the wait
was worth it. good luck- Hide quoted text -

Old June 19th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

Still going strong!

I've got all the data off the old system. Vista transfer wizard is a
pretty cool, if limited tool!

Hope the other people on here got their systems!

-j

On Jun 15, 12:20 pm, jp wrote:
It starts and runs. No issues so far. Got to figure out VISTA.

So far, so good.

On Jun 14, 5:44 am, "carlkeehn" wrote:

oups.com...

Old June 21st 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Well more bad news on my end as usual. Gateway called my house today
to tell me of yet another delay! Now the new ETA is July 12th

So in summary the delay history since my 4/27 order goes like this
from my original 5/25 ETA: 6/5 to 6/25 to 6/15 (I guess somebody
goofed telling me that) back to 6/25 and now to 7/12.

I complained that tomorrow will be 8 weeks and that is already too
long to wait for this expensive system including $99 shipping. She
agreed and said she would take off $89. I don't know where they come
up with that figure but I'll take what I can get for now. She said
although 7/12 is the new ETA it may come before that. I told her thats
what gateway said with every delay date so far but I really want this
machine. I told her as a returning Gateway customer this negative
experience will directly impact who I choose (and don't choose) for my
next computer purchase.

So now my new total price is supposed to be $2350.98 - $89 = $2261.98

Old June 22nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

Sorry to see that you're "still jammed up". I was hoping that maybe
their fulfillment issues were over. Just so you know, I don't think
there is ANY relevance to their due date. When they miss a date they
push out the date a month. One of their techs pretty much said as
much. I think they really botched the move of production to Tenn.

The system that I got is pretty nice though, so there is a payout for
the wait.

Old June 22nd 07, 03:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 21, 5:24 pm, Ikaros wrote:

So now my new total price is supposed to be $2350.98 - $89 = $2261.98- Hide quoted text -

I'm ****ed now. I went to the status detail page and emailed myself
from there to see if the $89 was taken off. That is the only way I can
see the total price info. Look at this little trick. I didn't get
anything off. My total is still the same because they took $89 off the
shipping but charged $89 in tax! I had no tax before!!!

Subtotal: $2,251.98
Sales Tax: $89.00
California Recycling Fee: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $10.00
Total: $2,350.98

Old June 22nd 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 22, 10:37 am, Ikaros wrote:
On Jun 21, 5:24 pm, Ikaros wrote:

So now my new total price is supposed to be $2350.98 - $89 = $2261.98- Hide quoted text -

I'm ****ed now. I went to the status detail page and emailed myself
from there to see if the $89 was taken off. That is the only way I can
see the total price info. Look at this little trick. I didn't get
anything off. My total is still the same because they took $89 off the
shipping but charged $89 in tax! I had no tax before!!!

Subtotal: $2,251.98
Sales Tax: $89.00
California Recycling Fee: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $10.00
Total: $2,350.98

Update - I called and a Mexican sounding fellow answered the customer
support line. I was explaining how I felt tricked and ripped off and
he hung up on me! WTF? I called back and got another person. He
checked and said the total including shipping/handling is $2,261.98
which reflects the $89 off. I told him their status website says
otherwise. I asked him to email a copy of his order info to me. He
said he couldn't but would postal mail it to me? He also told me parts
were on backorder: the tower case, processor, memory, modem (which I
didn't order so I asked him to remove that item), and Windows Vista
Ultimate! A month ago another ep told me it was waiting on the BTX
case. Then a week after I was told it was not waiting on any parts.
Now I'm told it is again!!! Gateway really has to get its act
together. I'm just floored at this point.